jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Strange Problem

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image93
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

Hi-
      This may be a different kind of problem than usual for this forum, but as it is the only one in which we are allowed to post links to our own hubs, I have come here.

Normally, when using a right-aligned sidebar text, the other text capsule neighboring it flows nicely along beside.

In this case, however, under the 4th sub-head, "Measurements--The Richter Scale," the sidebar is interrupting the flow of the main body text.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-Earthquakes … errify-You

How can I fix this?  I've tried re-saving it several times, both with and without going back into edit mode for that particular capsule.  It's had no effect.  Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you.

1. lorlie6 profile image87
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Dzy-I had the exactly the same problem a few months ago.  After I exhausted all my ideas, I wrote to HubPages and asked if they could/would fix it.  They did.  It was very disconcerting to see this empty space next to the nude!
      http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Year-of-Treading-Lightly
      I was especially concerned since it was the only poem I've ever written and the flow-terribly important in poetry!-was non-existent.
      Anyhow, good luck with fixing it and thanks for the advice on earthquakes!

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image93
        DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, thank you, lorlie6!  I will do that!  This has been driving me crazy!  (Yeah, short trip!)  big_smile

smile

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image93
        DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Awesome poem, by the way....

Thanks, DML!

2. Rafini profile image88
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

I've had this problem every time I use text capsules side by side.  Since I couldn't figure it out, I just stopped trying. hmm

Thanks lorlie, for the suggestion to contact HP - I may do that. smile

It was such an obvious solution, I didn't think of it at all! smile

2. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same here!

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image93

Hmmm...from the other comments, it seems this may be a system-wide glitch that HP should address....

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image93

OK--weird.  I got an e-mail back, with a screen shot, showing it looking just fine.

I tried to send a screen shot back with MY view..and it would not work. Ended up not copying--had nothing to paste. 

At any rate, I then checked browser.  Looks fine in Firefox; not in IE.

Aggravating, as I have far more trouble with Firefox freezing and crashing on me.

working