jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

I have some questions... :)

1. 0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago

Hi,

I have some questions.

What is the score given to our articles, and do they matter? Also, the score aggregate of our articles obviously falls every time we write a new articles. Is that important?

Next, what is the difference between a page that is commercial and a page that is non commercial? Do they get higher ranking? Does that mean Adsense still works on them? Or does it mean that one is now allowed to have amazon or ebay on them?

Also, I don't get the follow and no follow links. If I provide a link, people still click on them. To me, that is the entire idea. Why does it matter if they are no follow. If the links are no follow, and my article is still on the first page of google, why am I concerned that it has a no follow link pointing to it?

Many thanks. smile

1. thisisoli profile image63
      thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey, I will keep the answers simple.

Article score doesn't affect your search engine rankings, it just is a score Hubpages assigns based on certain (unknown) factors.

The main difference between commercial and non-commercial is that you can take adsense off hubs that are non-commercial.  Commercial hubs are required to include Adsense.

A no follow link is a link that has rel="nofollow" attached to it.  This relationship attribute tells search engines NOT to follow it, so the link will not pass on any value to a site it links to.

Having a no follow link is NOT a bad thing, it is just preferable to have a dofollow link.

1. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

To take what Oli said one step further...

There are two reasons you might want backlinks: possible traffic and SEO juice, for lack of a better word. A DoFollow backlink gives the opportunity for both, while a NoFollow backlink may give you traffic but no SEO juice.

2. 0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Okay, thanks. If it is a follow link, what sort of value does the search engine attribute to it?

1. thisisoli profile image63
          thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Think of a do-follow link as a 'vote' for your site. The more votes you have the more popular Google thinks your site is, and the higher it will rank.

Also remember that different sites have a more powerful 'vote value' which ranks your site even higher. 

If your site gets a lot of high quality votes for the words 'fix tv' for instance, and your site contains a lot of non spam information on the words 'fix tv' you will probably rank well.

1. 0

Thanks... So I should go type 'fix tv' on all my hubts? smile

That's a joke! smile

2. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this
      1. 0

Thanks, WE. smile

working