Adsense Question about Earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Jamie Brock profile image91
    Jamie Brockposted 13 years ago

Hey everybody,

I recently started getting excited about my Adsense earnings as they seemed to be getting pretty consistent. Being new they are still low but they were getting pretty close to being $1 a day and sometimes up to $3 and $4.  Really, I'm happy to see any earnings as I know they add up but what worries me is that the past three days it's been ZERO. Is it normal to have a string of days where you get absolutely nothing?  I was worried that maybe I had done something wrong as sometimes I go and edit my hubs but I never mess with the ads.. I figure that I'd leave the ads alone since they were already apparently bringing in a little money. Just hoping to get a little encouragement I guess..  Should I be worried?  I would love to get some feedback on this. Thank you!

1. profile image0
      ssaulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

some people go days with any click, you should be lucky for having earn a dollar or more a day, that's pretty nice for a newbie

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

You would need a rather large traffic volume to surely get clicks every day. Instead of worrying about pittances beyond your control, maybe you should concern yourself with how to build that kind of traffic volume?

Jamie Brockposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Website Examiner, I was asking a question about adsense. I'm aware I need to get traffic to my site and I'm working on that.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Personally I thought that his answer was the most relevant one, irrespective of whether it was what you wanted to hear. The greater your traffic the more consistant your earnings.

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks ryankett. My post may have sounded a bit harsh, actually it is not. It is the reality that is harsh - namely the correlation between traffic volume and AdSense revenue.

2. KristenGrace profile image60
          KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely agree.

I am seeing much higher numbers for daily pageviews and my AdSense earnings is rising right beside my traffic.

Best of luck, Jamie.

Thank you, KristenGrace. Best of Luck to you as well!

3. Jamie Brock profile image91

It's not that I didn't want to hear it.. It wasn't what I was asking about though.  I already know I need to get traffic to my site but it's irrelevant to the question I was asking. I feel like  I'm being reprimanded for asking a question and it's kind of making me not want to ask anything else..  I am still new and learning.  Sorry to offend you or the other guy.

1. KristenGrace profile image60
            KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Everyone's entitled to ask questions.

2. profile image0

It was directly relevant to your question. Without substantial traffic, you will have many click-less days. Only Hubbers with substantial traffic have clicks every day.

I was just wondering if it was a common thing to happen on adsense (whether you had tons of traffic or not) I guess it was stupid of me to ask since I don't have a high traffic hubs or at least that is the way I'm feeling about it now. I understand the emphasis on getting a lot of traffic to my site... there is no question about that for me.

1. profile image0

For people with low to moderate traffic, it is common to have days without clicks. For people with high traffic, it is uncommon to have such days. That was what I attempted to say.

I saw nothing stupid in your question. In fact, some people spend many months learning what you have hopefully learned from this discussion alone.

Thanks Website Examiner. I appreciate it. Makes a lot of sense now. Being new and not having a lot of traffic to my site, it is completely normal for this to happen with adsense.  I DO appreciate the reply and apologize if I came off rude.  I really am trying to focus on getting more traffic.  I'm always reading up on it because I know I'll have to generate traffic to have any real success here.   

Thanks again!

3. profile image0
            ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you perhaps think that Website Examiner may feel like he is being reprimanded for answering a question? And that he may now feel that he doesn't want to ask answer anything else?

Your question specifically related to the consistency of your AdSense earnings, both my reply and the reply of Website Examiner effectivley stated that high traffic volume is the key to consistancy of earnings.

What is the problem? Do you feel that you are perhaps being a little over-sensitive? Because I do. You asked a question, your question was answered, would you rather your thread die with no replies? Because that happens too.

You got the 100% conclusive answer to your question from Website Examiner, that was my sole point, if I didn't believe in your entitlement to ask the question I wouldn't have participated in the thread.

3. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

Hi Jamie not sure how others fare on this but after three months it is early days yet so do not get disheartened by dips in adsense.

I did notice that on some of your pages you have a large photo as the first capsule and visually it looks very nice but it may not be to your best advantage for the placement of ads.

If you want an ad. at the top of the hub, you need a block of text (that is large enough) in a capsule(the first capsule on the hub) positioned on the left of the page. An ad should then appear to the right of this text in the preview and when published.

Are you are on Google analytics for tracking your hubs as you can see what is happening in more detail than when you just use the statics here.

Hope this is useful to you, if you already know about it, sorry, hopefully  someone else will find it useful.

Hey 2uesday! Thank you for the reply and for the helpful information. Yesterday I was researching about the best way to format a hub and putting the block of text first was mentioned there too. 

I hope I didn't come off like I was whining about it in my post yesterday. I just don't know what is normal and what is not normal for adsense and was hoping to gain some understanding and make sure there wasn't anything I had done as far as editing my hubs they may have caused it.  I'm still new and learning :0)

Thank you again for your nice reply!

P.S. I think I will sign up for analytics.. do most people have both analytics and adsense?

4. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 13 years ago

I'm quite new here as well and would guess I am making about the same as you from Adsense.  Like you I have had a few bad days, but they are always followed by good days, so it seems to even itself out sooner or later.  I wouldn't panic at this stage, I am sure the click will soon start coming in again for you.

Thank you andyoz for your encouraging reply :0)

5. Jamie Brock profile image91
    Jamie Brockposted 13 years ago

Thanks ssaul,

I'm still very new so I don't really know what to expect as far as earnings but it does feel good to check the earnings and see something there, even if it's a few cents. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question :0)

6. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Neither would I have answered if I didn't feel qualified to answer, we ALL start with a handful of visits per day; I started there, remember my first 100 per day, 1000 per day, 2000 per day, 10000 per day, 20000 per day, and I am now touching 30000 per day. And I still say that the answer to consistant earnings is consistantly high traffic. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt... I can remember getting excited about a $3 day, anything less than $30 is a complete catastrophe to me now.

Yes, I agree with you. Thank you for responding and congratulations on your success!

7. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 13 years ago

The question could have been answered simply by saying "Yes",at that level, it IS normal to have the occasional day with zero earnings. But "Keep doing what you're doing, and you'll get there!"

IMO, to call the OP's earnings a 'pittance', when she may well be rightly proud of having made it to the point of earning a $1+ most days (no small feat) was unnecessary.  And unhelpful.

1. profile image0

"Pittance" was not meant in a negative or superior way. But since the OP seems to be interested in AdSense revenue, I thought she would rather want to learn how to generate true income, as opposed to possibly spending months hoping and praying things will get better. Many Hubbers do, only to get disappointed. I wanted to save her such disappointment, and the proposed way forward is to understand that AdSense is not a matter of luck, but a matter of raw statistics.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)