jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

tone in writing

1. sergs_pogi profile image60
    sergs_pogiposted 5 years ago

Hello. What would be the best tone in writing? should it be serious, informal, etc.? One hubber commented that my hubs are rather serious. Thank you so much.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Always be clear, concise, and informative. Other than that, it is impossible to generalize, as it certainly depends on the contents. The best way is for you to request feedback by posting links to each of your hubs in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum:

1. sergs_pogi profile image60
      sergs_pogiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thank you so much.

1. 0
        ssaulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

use a tone based on the subject you are writing, hope all the comments help you.

3. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 5 years ago

Difficult question, because the tone should reflect the subject matter, in my opinion.

4. melpor profile image89
    melporposted 5 years ago

I agree with KristenGrace, just about all my hubs are serious because they are generally educational. It depends on the subject and who will be reading your hubs. Also it depends on the writer, I am a serious person.

5. 0
    multimasteryposted 5 years ago

The important thing is to write in order to effectively communicate with your reader.  Depending on the topic, your tone may vary.  Strongly consider who your audience is and speak "communicate" on a level that they will totally relate to.