Breast Cancer again!

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (53 posts)
  1. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 13 years ago

After a bout with breast cancer and a mastectomy of the right breast on the 19th January 2004, they have now found cancer in my left breast, so that means another mastectomy.  This time though, they can't do the tram flap reconstruction which I'd found such a painful ordeal the last time.
    So my request is this, on the 11th February, which is the date of my surgery, please where somethink pink to show your support for those who have been inflicted by breast cancer.
    Thanks,
    Cindy

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

((((Big hugs, Cindy))))

Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow, im sorry to hear that. i hope you have a speedy recovery.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I always have my pink ribbon pin close by. I'll definitely be thinking of you. Stay strong. Sorry you have to go through this again.

4. profile image0
      ssaulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

so sorry cindy, m prayers with you! hope all turns out well

5. Sunnyglitter profile image83
      Sunnyglitterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm so sorry, Cindy.  I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

6. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hope it all goes well for you-have a speedy recovery and come back soon.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

good luck with your operation - yes, i will wear something pink and also wish you well

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 13 years ago

Count on it - I look good in pink. Have a brief hospital visit and a speedy recovery.

4. 2patricias profile image60
    2patriciasposted 13 years ago

Wishing you all the best.  I'll be wearing pink (about half of my wardrobe is pink).
    Imagine yourself being carried on a wave of good wishes - and think of Mark Knowles in pink.

5. cindyvine profile image68

Haha imagining Mark wearing pink will brighten up any day!

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will be wearing my favorite pink Ralph Lauren shirt. big_smile

Assuming my wife has gotten the tomato stain out. big_smile

6. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

So sorry to hear that news Cindy, but I'm sure that you will get through this and soldier on successfully, like the champ that you are. 
    I will also be thinking of you on the day... and unlike Mark, I will get my own stains out of my Pink Shirt... All The Best.. You Take Care Mate! smile

I am not allowed to use the washing machine. sad

1. kirstenblog profile image77
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh you poor thing tongue

2. Pearldiver profile image66
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile I've found that if you simply use your hands, cold water (and maybe Pink or Yellow Gloves) and a good stain remover - you can get stains out without the need for:
        - a wife
        - a wife's permission
        - a washing machine
        - an excuse

lol

I am not allowed to wash my own clothes. sad

1. emdi profile image65
            emdiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

same is my situation :-)

7. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Here is too a speedy recovery!
    http://www.weisblum.com/images/volunteer/Pink-Ribbon-by-Amiel-Weisblum.jpg
    and can we put this one in Marks' hair?
    http://www.bugs-n-blooms.com/images/pink-ribbons-wing.gif

8. Pearldiver profile image66

You mean you have never experienced the Latex Power of Pink Gloves? yikes
    That's Terrible! hmm 
    You Have To 'Splash Out' in Life Sometimes Mark smile

I was not always married - I do know how to do these things - I prefer not being allowed. big_smile

1. Pearldiver profile image66
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

9. cindyvine profile image68

Thanks guys!  The bonus will be I'll be off work for 5 weeks, so can write some hubs!
    At least this time I'll have family and friends around me.  Last time, was just my kids and I. 
    Mark - don't let Pearldiver try and talk you into doing your own washing!  It's a horrible time-consuming job!  But he's a kiwi and the men there enjoy working in the house!

10. TamCor profile image82
    TamCorposted 13 years ago

Cindy--I will for sure wear pink on the 11th...

My mother had this done when she was in her 30's, and is now healthier at 70 than I am, lol...

Sending best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery--I'm so glad you'll be surrounded by family! smile

11. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

I'm sure sorry to hear you're heading back into the ring Cindy. Here's to your rapid recovery and some more great hubs whilst you're feet are kept off the floor.

And yes - I'll wear my pink sweater. Just so you know ... I look horrible in pink but for your good health and breast cancer awareness I'll spend the day listening to folks saying 'you soooooo don't suit pink' smile

As for the guys waffling on about their laundering prowess - whutever wink

12. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that you have to have another surgery and wishing the very best for you.  I'll be using my pink handbag.

13. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 13 years ago

I am sorry to hear that you need to go back back for surgery.  I hope everything works alright for you.

I'll be wearing pink and I'll be thinking about you that day.

All the best for you,
    xxx

14. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

sending you warm and healing wishes. I'll make a note and post it on my desk, one of my favorite tops is pink! I'll wear it just for you. xo  [maybe the guys should post pics that day.. big_smile]

15. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...i'll mark my calendar Cindy...good thoughts for you and your family....

16. jantamaya profile image60
    jantamayaposted 13 years ago

Cindy, I'll wear my old and awful pink scarf all day (this isn't my color, but I'll do it for you). Wish you very fast recovery and please maybe you like to write a hub about this experience ... ? Maybe?

17. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 13 years ago

Speedy recovery Cindy. My thoughts will be with you.

18. lindajot profile image66
    lindajotposted 13 years ago

My thoughts are with you!  To go through that not only once, but twice is truly hard to imagine.  Pink it is!

19. Money Glitch profile image63
    Money Glitchposted 13 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you Cindy. Be sure to stay in touch. http://i43.tinypic.com/e0lez8.jpg

20. cindyvine profile image68

Thanks for the thoughts, felt quite down yesterday, thinking they're slowly burying me bit by bit.  First the right breasdt, then the thyroid and now the left breast.  But read this thread again and felt much better!

21. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 13 years ago

Hi Cindy, This week's HubMob is going to be pink again, just for you
    http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv19/wyanjen/HubMob/breast-cancerF.png

22. Purple Perl profile image49
    Purple Perlposted 13 years ago

Cindy, Wishing you speedy recovery!Pink surely on 11 th. Praying for you!

1. tebo profile image76
      teboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Cindy, Hope all went well with your surgery yesterday. My sister had a mastectomy three years ago and appears to be doing well. She had chemo and radiation, but elected to not have reconstruction. My thoughts are with you and I hope all goes well for you.

23. frogdropping profile image78

Same here too Cindy. I wore my pink sweater all day (looked a pickle in it too but hey ho) and did think about you and how you were doing. Plus I had to explain a couple of times why I was wearing it - it's a little ... small hmm

Lots and lots of happy, huggy vibes and I hope - like many other Hubbers - that you're soon back to normal. Bestest, biggest wishes - get well soon smile

24. tonymac04 profile image70
    tonymac04posted 13 years ago

Cindy - I have been thinking about you and hoping that all was well with you, at least as well as can be expected.
    Much love and healing thoughts to you.

25. Pearldiver profile image66

Hey ya Cindy... Many thoughts of you and hope you have done well at this stop on your journey to greatness. The path is timeless and well traveled by many special people, just like you. When you look closely you can see that from the dust that rises with each step you take. Conserve your strength and store your positivity so that you can draw on it during the desolate stages of this path. You have a long way to go and you will need a smile every day to make sure that you never let the terrain beat you on the hottest days. Be as brave as you can and if you need anymore than that... well, consider this.. we all love you here and you have and continue to be a beacon for many... and that new lawn mower that you had your eye on.... sorry I got it first! big_smile Be Well mate! smile

26. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 13 years ago

My thought were with you yesterday while I was wearing my pink shirt. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

27. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/103/l_f59038d4df7229c92b72865f1db8093c.jpg

Here's my pink pick to help you kick that damned cancer to the curb, Cindyvine!
    xo, MM

28. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Cindy, so sorry to hear that you have to deal with this awful thing.  Sincerest wishes that your surgery went well and that you're back on your feet in no time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/TIMFANTONIE/GET%20WELL/2850.gif

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss246/azaleaeight/rib1.gif

29. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 13 years ago

You know what they say - no photo - didn't happen. smile Hope everything went well and you are doing OK.

http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/uploads/pink.JPG

30. Mighty Mom profile image78

Mark,
    Who would have guessed you look so fetching in pink? Of course, the beret really completes the ensemble.
    GREAT photo!!!

Thanks. big_smile

Anyone heard from Cindy?

31. frogdropping profile image78

She did post up on FB the day after that she was over the op - alive and kinda kicking.

Look good in pink MK but did you had to do the beret? Had a lol moment. Love the blue polo pony though wink

I shoulda posted one of me in mine. Could have gone the whole tight sweater comp. I looked ridiculous big_smile

How tight?

Shoulda trimmed the beard though.

Me - not you. big_smile

1. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Puppies squirming to get out the basket. I dress like a baggage. I look (apparently) like I'm always walking a dog and got dressed in the dark.

Thing is - the above is about right hmm

A few of my friends call me an Ewok, one or two other's a scarecrow. I love my friends.

Close friends... I hope. big_smile

32. Mighty Mom profile image78

frogdropping -- I don't think a photo could possibly do justice to your vivid and colorful decription smile

33. frogdropping profile image78

Hey MM ... thankyou. A photo would definitely be unjustified. Probs crash the site lol

34. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

This cruel world, so much beauty and so much suffering, who needs all that?
    Somehow I missed this thread. Hope Cindy is okay.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4627789.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)