jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Author score

1. snooklette profile image79
    snookletteposted 6 years ago

I am new to hubpages and have prepared a hub for publication.  Because of all I have read here on hb regarding hub scores, I have taken my time to re-vamp and re-edit my first hub before publishing and after about a day and a half the hub score has risen to 60.  As a new hubber, what should I look for score wise before I go ahead and publish?  Also, I am very concerned about the author's score.  Mine is very, very low.  Is this something I should be concerned about before I publish my 1st hub? Or is it something that cannot be helped, go ahead and publish, and hope it increases?  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this
      1. snooklette profile image79
        snookletteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the info.  I haven't published my first hub yet.  Still researching everything first.  I wanted to make sure I understand as much as I can before I take the plunge.  Still don't really understand if I should worry about a low hubber score before I publish, so I guess I'll just dive in, publish, and see what happens.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
          prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes don't worry about it because you are here only for 2 days, I am sure it will rise. My author score was the same as yours for the first two days.

1. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Was also low for the first few days...

Hmmm... Hard to imagine now...

1. Christy Goff profile image60
              Christy Goffposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have been here for 10 days, I have never done this before, anywhere.  All I did was publish what I was interested in. I went to the forum and found other people interested in the same subjects and read their hubs. Interact with other people. Most everyone here is helpful. Hp has been a joy for me.

1. profile image0
                china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did I forget to say welcome to hubpages ?

It is a nice place to have a good chat or engage in a bit of verbal banter - or beat others with a word bat.  Good luck with your hubs.

2. snooklette profile image79
              snookletteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok guys..thanks so much for replying so quickly and setting my mind at ease.  I'm always apprehensive about new things until I get some idea of how they work...but I guess I'll go ahead and give it a go.

working