jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is my name being stolen, or is this some kind of link?

1. arizonataylor profile image82
    arizonataylorposted 5 years ago

I Googled some key words to see how my sites were doing.  On one search, I found that two different Hubpage articles came up under my search.  Each of these two articles was written by a different author.  When I read the summary in each of these articles, I noticed that both said “strategies by Arizonataylor.”  I’m Arizonataylor, and these articles aren’t mine, though they are of a related topic.  When I open each of these articles, I find no links to my work and no mention of my work.  Neither of these authors goes by anything similar to Arizonataylor, and my name isn't related in any way to the topic.  Is there something I’m missing here?  Is my name being used to get traffic, or is this some kind of link?  Please let me know if this is normal or if I should be concerned.

2. Aficionada profile image92
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Do I understand correctly that the phrase "strategies by arizonataylor" does appear in the other authors' Hubs?  Or is that phrase present only in the summary that appears on the Google search page?

One thing that sometimes happens is that search terms may trigger a response to include a page where a summary is a part of the page, but not a part of the article or Hub.  For example, your article title could have appeared in the Facebook Recommendations section on the right.  Or, if the author has included an RSS feed of some kind in their Hub, then your article summary may show up on the page, even though it is not a part of the article.  In that case, the presence of the summary may also change from day to day, depending on how the RSS feed is set up.

But then, sadly, there are also some Hubbers who do copy others' work.  I hope that is not the case here.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

it's probably what aficionada said.

did you try entering the other articles specific titles and see what comes up in the search summary?

4. arizonataylor profile image82
    arizonataylorposted 5 years ago

It says "strategies by Arizonataylor" only in the summary.  Yes, when I Google their exact titles, the summary does change.  Does this mean I'm good?

I'm a little spooked, because I started receiving link referrals from a different site that credits me for some work I did and then published here on Hubpages.  They copied the material, credited me in a small part of their site, and put a link to my work.  I guess I'm a little frustrated by doing all that work only to find that somebody can just take your work if they quote you or give credit.  They are not part of Hubpages, so I don't know what I can really do about it.  Because of this, I've been scanning through all my sites to see how much has been "borrowed" by others.

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's nothing to worry about. It's just google using the info on related hubs on other people's hubs to find your title. This may mean that your hub isn't indexed which is worth checking out.