jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Writers Block

1. Cordale profile image76
    Cordaleposted 5 years ago

So I know that I need to write more to increase my earnings. I know I can write well for money as well. I, however, have difficulty actually getting myself to sit down and write one. How do you guys find inspiration?

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I get ready to pay my bills. That always inspires me. smile

1. 0
        ssaulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol@Irohner, bills definitely give inspiration! big_smile

2. Princess Prisca profile image61
      Princess Priscaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just joined HubPages 4 months ago and just started publishing hubs in January 2011.  Relax and don't stress about it.  Let those writing juices flow - they will.  Now log on to your web page and look at all of the great stuff that you've already done.  Find your inspiration in wanting to give the world more "great stuff"!

2. Dusty Snoke profile image88
    Dusty Snokeposted 5 years ago

I have the same problem many times. Believe it or not I like to walk. I have a 30 min walking video that gets the blood flowing to my brain. It also gives me time to focus. I must admit though Irohner's idea works for me too.

3. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Writers block is nothing more than one putting undue pressure upon oneself, while attempting to write.

Stop trying so hard, put your mind on something else, because relaxation is definitely key to unlocking any obstacle the mind creates.

4. 0
    ralwusposted 5 years ago

Hey Gags, I see ya can't stay away from the forum after all. LOL
    The blank page is there for anything you choose to say, within reason of course on HP. I am never at a loss for something. Thankfully.

5. Cordale profile image76
    Cordaleposted 5 years ago

Okay, well how do you guys get yourself to actually write on a consistent basis?

A daily routine you'd like to share?

1. Dusty Snoke profile image88
      Dusty Snokeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I tell my family I am going to writer's world, put on some headphones with ambient music playing, and zone everything out. I can usually get a couple of hours in that way. I hold a full time job so a couple of hours is great for me. Honestly though I can't do it every night. I become worn out by the end of the week.

6. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 5 years ago

Maybe not daily, but WHENEVER an idea hits me, like seriously in the middle of the night, at work, at dinner, etc.... I jot the idea down so I can return to it later when I have more time.

7. melpor profile image88
    melporposted 5 years ago

I get most of my ideas from what I am reading. Sometimes while I am watching TV an idea may come to mind and then I jot it down in a pad for future references.