Your earnings on Hubpages: Adsense or Amazon?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (54 posts)
  1. olvus profile image62
    olvusposted 13 years ago

After 3 months of active work my earnings through Amazon was only 3.70$. Although the conversion was 20% - 13 sales, with 64 clicks (goods is very cheap - the cost of 1, 99$).

Me interests, whether there are people who earn here by means of Amazon (at least 100 dollars a month)?

1. ImChemist profile image59
      ImChemistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

13 sales = 3.7$ ... its very cheap

2. ChuckHuckaby profile image40
      ChuckHuckabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've done better with Amazon than Adsense so far (6 weeks)

3. bogerk profile image71
      bogerkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

After 3 months I have made $12 from Adsense and $5 from Amazon. But, the $5 from Amazon has been in only 3 weeks time or so.

It seems like both have a lot of potential.

4. David 470 profile image79
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I like adsense better. I have not done anything with Amazon, but prob will eventually.

I made a couple hundred dollars with adsense since December. I am prob going to miss adsense payment this month by a very small amount cause January sucks lol ;(

5. iamalegend profile image59
      iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amazon- $o
      Adsense - $1.71

6. writing4action profile image58
      writing4actionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, Amazon has better products to sell than Adsense.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

People earn much more than that through Amazon on HubPages. Nelle Hoxie is one of them.

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know why other people continue to feel the need to discuss my earnings or where they come from. But this is very old info.

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

After months of trying to crack Adsense, I cracked Amazon instead and now it is a significant income stream for me. I still keep plugging on with adsense. One of these days I will crack it too, hopefully.

1. ThomasE profile image69
      ThomasEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To get to $100 a month, all you need to add to what you are already doing is to sell 5, $350 goods a month.

Yes, people do manage that.

1. bogerk profile image71

It always amazes me that anyone would buy anything on the internet with a price tag over $100.

For me to spend that kind of money, I need the item in my hands first - but, I must be alone in that feeling.

Here is a hint: everything on Amazon.com sells over the internet (except third party items). It costs Amazon a lot of money to keep goods in stock, and to market them to the world. They are not idiots. Any line that does not sell enough money to make it worth while... doesn't stay on Amazon for long.

Not only that, I find it is generally easier once you get into the SERPs for an amazon affiliate to sell something over $100 dollars than under $100.

Because who the heck would be looking up reviews of cheap goods on the internet?

1. Wendy Krick profile image64
            Wendy Krickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I disagree about selling items over $100. Although I do promote Items over $100. But you need the also promote inexpensive as well.

I find that if you can find a hot product that people want they will buy them. For example I sold over 250 silly bandz last year. They average $5 a bag. But it was the low cost items like silly bandz that helped me hit 8% in December.

I sell a lot of inexpensive items. Then when I sell something big I usually luck out and get a higher percentage.

This is just my opinion.

It's a shame the Silly Bandz fade has ended. smile

I'm not sure I said anywhere that you should sell only products over $100. If I implied that, I was downright wrong, and didn't mean to.

I was giving a simple example of how the OP could reach his target. Basically, only to show that it was possible. Not to say it was the best way, or the only way, just that the target is not an impossible one to reach.

There are a lot of ways to get to $100 and no single way is the best.

No worries. I think I just misunderstood. We are on the same page. Thanks for the clarification. smile

2. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One of the things I'm really kicking myself about is the fact that I didn't start trying to crack Amazon earlier.  This wasn't helped by the fact that when I did first sign up for Amazon, I spent about five months under the delusion that I could use my UK Amazon affiliate code in the Amazon capsules on my hubs!  (Luckily a fellow hubber set me right on that score.)

3. Richieb799 profile image76
      Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine is the opposite, I have had quite good experience with Adsense, I'm trying to crack Amazon now

1. Brie Hoffman profile image59
        Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too, I just don't think I'm very good at commercial hubs. sad

4. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

Personally, I'm having much more success with AdSense.  I'm quite jealous of those Amazon know-it-alls out there!!! tongue

And I never get anywhere with adsense wink

5. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

I am having almost no success with adsense or Amazon.

$110 from Adsense in 15 months and about $16 in Amazon. I think its too less for someone who has well over 250 hubs.

1. AshleyRB profile image61
      AshleyRBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you promote your articles on your own? Also, might I suggest adding pictures to your hubs?

2. Brie Hoffman profile image59

Didn't you just win a contest Sid?

1. sid_candid profile image57
        sid_candidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes I have won in the Money Grows on Hub Contest. I am certainly delighted about it. Just need to crack adsense. I am sure I will do it very soon.

Congrats on that...I tried to win but no cigar!

1. sid_candid profile image57
            sid_candidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Brie, I have gone through few of your hubs and can say that you are a good writer. Hope you win in these few days left for the contest to end. Even if you don't win your  hubs are so well crafted that you are certain to make good income from affiliate programs like adsense. All the Best!

Thanks Sid

2. Wendy Krick profile image64

Awesome! Congrats!

6. kephrira profile image59
    kephriraposted 13 years ago

I earn well over $100 per momth from amazon. I got over $1000 in December, which was way more than adsense. This month I'll probably get a similar amount from each one.

If you can start selling a good number of the cheaper items, and then a few higher priced ones as well, it really does add up.

I totally agree 100%. I earned over $1000 with Amazon in Dec. As well. January is slower but It will pick up again as people begin to get their taxes back.

1. bgamall profile image68
        bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wendy, where do you make your most on Amazon and what are your methods?

There really is no secret. I write product review hubs. Before I write my hubs I do keyword research and go after keywords that get high traffic and am sure to include the keywords in my title. That's pretty much it. I also write at Squidoo and use Squidoo for backlinking.

1. bogerk profile image71

Do you or have you used the products you review? I have trouble recommending items if I have no experience with them and as it is, there are very few items I use on a regular basis, besides a toothbrush and whatnot.

I see so many "5 Best Laptop Protector Sleeve" Hubs and can only assume the writer doesn't own 5 Laptop Sleeves.

1. bgamall profile image68
              bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah Wendy, what he said. smile (I like Wendy)

2. Wendy Krick profile image64

80% of the time I write about products that I use and love or my children use and love. However I do write product previews on items that I haven't used. I write about products that people have purchased through my link but only after I have researched it and it has at least 4 stars on Amazon (I prefer 5 stars). My thinking is if people are buying it, It may be worth writing about. I also write about items that are on my wish list to buy but can't afford yet.

I hope this helps.

2. Rosie2010 profile image67
        Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, totally amazing!

2. Rosie2010 profile image67
      Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that's amazing!

7. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 13 years ago

I can't work Amazon out, I am now upto 526 clicks and only one sale!  How do people get conversenion rates of 20%?  Mine is around 0.24!  If I could get it up to just 5% I would be making a fortune. 

Don't know what I'm doing wrong?

1. kephrira profile image59
      kephriraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm always amazed by conversion rates I've seen people saying they get here too.  I think I get about 3-4%.

I think you will probably see that 0.24 go up over time, cos you will get the odd large order which you might not have seen yet -  1 order of 10 products would give you a conversion of 1% over 1000 clicks even if that was the only order.

1. profile image36
        techno-hubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is luck and niche too.

8. Wendy Krick profile image64
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

I make more with Amazon than Adsense.

9. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

This month so far I made more with Adsense than Amazon.  Last month I made way more with Amazon than Adsense.  I don't see any rhyme or reason to what's happening, other than it was holiday season.

1. kephrira profile image59
      kephriraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The holiday season is all it is Flightkeeper. Amazon always goes up a lot more than adsense for me over Christmas.

10. olvus profile image62
    olvusposted 13 years ago

What is the secret of earnings from Amazon?  Someone to share?

1. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The "secret" is the same as with any retail sales... you have to be a good salesperson.

11. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

I usually make about the same from Adsense and ebay every month, and significantly less from Amazon. I'm working on trying to build up my Amazon income, but haven't cracked it yet. The stuff people buy off my hubs seems really random, with only a couple exceptions. Like, one month I'll sell a whole bunch of wedding planning books and the next it will be homesteading books and the month after, sci fi DVDs. I've only found a couple niches where I get any kind of steady result and unfortunately, they're the boring ones that I like writing about least. tongue

12. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I make much more with Amazon on hubpages than I do with adsense.

I make much more with adsense on my own websites than I do with Amazon.

I make much more with both on my own websites than on Hubpages.

smile smile

1. Mattressman profile image59
      Mattressmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree 100% with you Bill. I make quite a bit on my own websites and blogs than I do here. Now I am just getting started hubbing, but the conversion rates on Amazon and CTR is much higher on my own sites.

2. KristenGrace profile image60
      KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting to read these thoughts.

I just started my own blog and haven't seen earnings yet.  Hopefully they'll come with time, just like HP smile

13. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

Definitely Amazon.

I couple my earnings here with Amazon store scripts.

Between the two I earn a nice steady income.

14. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 13 years ago

I earn more with Adsense than Amazon, even during the holiday season.

15. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I earn a lot with Amazon.

16. reindeerz profile image84
    reindeerzposted 13 years ago

Well I'm still experimenting with different formats, but so far I've done slightly better with Google than amazon.  We'll see what happens as I try new things out. yikes)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)