Raw Data Facts Directly From Magazine- Add Your Own

1. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Hubberville,

I am an avid collector of Playboy Magazine and each month's issue always has a section with Raw Data Facts. How accurate these are who knows, but most of them are funny, absurd or even ridiculous.

However, I wanted to share them from this month's issue.

#1) Price Check? $4.4 Million amount paid by the Pentagon to conduct a survey of American troops to test their "gaydar". hmm

#2) Is it all in her head? In one study, 1 out of 3 women suffer from diminished sexual arousal had their level of sexual desire restored to normal simply by taking a Placebo.

#3) Odd stat of the month- Researchers found that socially awkward people who were administered a dose of The "Love Hormone" Oxytocin - Exhibited significantly improved social skills and relatability.

#4) $5,000 - Price paid at auction for a 12-pack of Dharma initiative Beer from the TV series Lost

#5) 59% of American Catholics are in favor of Women becoming Priests.

#6) In September 2010 Bobby Cleveland set the land speed record for a riding lawn mower at 96.5 miles per hour.

#7) 17% of American workers believe that sleeping with the boss leads to a better job, and 7% have actually done so.

#8) 40 - The approximate percent- age of encounters with high-end prostitutes, i.e., those paid more than $250 per encounter, that wind up with no sexual activity. And even before Craigslist shut down its adult-services section, 80% of the men in New York who contacted women listed on the site never went on to meet them.

#9) What They're Thinking? When asked what they would consider their number one dating red flag, 30% of women said a guy who brags too much, 29% said a guy who drinks too much, 24% said a guy who doesn't offer to pay, 11% said a guy who barely talks and 6% said a guy who doesn't pick them up.

#10) The buttload is archaic measurement- it denotes 130 gallons of beer.

#11) Teetotalers don't live longer: A University of Texas study that followed 1,824 people between the ages of 55 and 65 for 20 years found that during that period 69% of the non-drinkers died, compared with 41% of the moderate drinkers and 60% of the heavy drinkers.

#12) $1 Million - Price listed on E-bay for a toilet owned and used by J.D.Salinger, write of the The Catcher In The Rye.

I hope you enjoyed them. Some of them made me laugh. tongue

2. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing this Ray. I enjoyed reading.

1. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome Michael. I thoughts some of the were funny. lol