jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

Any help I can get?

1. profile image0
    Martyv25posted 6 years ago

I have been hubbing now going on two months with 24 hubs now published.  Any help on how they can be improved or how I can improve future hubs?

1. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am going to critique one of your hubs:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Mobile-Internet … Calculator

1) You can get a better formatted table if you use the table/list capsule.

2) You didn't quite mention that smartphones use more data than semi-smart phones, multimedia phones, or feature phones.

3) You didn't discuss any techniques on how to get more usage stats or warnings. Some carriers allow you to send them a text or call a short prefix to get usage stats.

4) Some smartphones have call "meters". For Android phones there are DroidStats / CallMeter / CallUsage and such, and they measure calls, text, and data.

5) You should use MB instead of "mb". Capital M is "mega" or 1 million. Small m is "milli" or 1/1000th and small b is "bit", large B is "byte". Takes 8 bit to make a byte.

6) Go lighter on the links to smartphones. Your hub is for people who already HAVE phones, not to sell them new ones. It comes across, at least to me, as a bit "promote-y".

7) Why does viewing a webpage on a BB take 5 times more data than a "smartphone"? And where did you get these stats?

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

It's okay for you to post links to your hubs in this forum, and you might get a better response if you do just that. Why don't you pick one or two specific hubs that you want folks to look over and post the link here.

1. ImChemist profile image60
      ImChemistposted 6 years ago in reply to this

May posting hubs in forums seem like spam . i suggest  you to improve your hubs outside HP.

1. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No. This particular forum, the "Extreme Hub Makeover" forum, was designed specifically for hubbers to come and get help about their hubs. And it is the only forum where it is acceptable to post links to your own hubs to get feedback.

Thanks , may i will publish my hubs here , ok take a look at my last hub .
          http://hubpages.com/hub/Health-Benefits-Of-l-Arginine

1. Pcunix profile image87
            Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You should delete that and start a new thread in this forum for your hub.

I don't know that , and i cant delete it.

2. lrohner profile image84

PCUnix is right, and normally I wouldn't answer your request and hijack someone else's hub -- but I'm going to.

Do not steal content from other websites.

you mean i steal content from other websites?  what i steal ! all this hubs are mine work , please don't say this words again.

3. profile image0
  4. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Honestly, I think you've done a really nice job with your hubs. A couple of suggestions though.

- Do not use photos (ever) before your second text capsule. It just robs you of prime ad space. And make sure your first text capsule is long enough to accommodate the large rectangular ad that should show up to the right of it.

- Make sure your hubs have length. The one on family fitness activities, for instance, is less than 400 words. The more you write, the more related keywords you usually (inadvertently) work in and the more you give Google to grab onto.

- Be consistent with your keywords. Once you have researched the right keyword, try to work it into your title, URL, tags, at least once in a section title, in the first sentence and then at least one other time in the body of the text.

Hope this helps!

5. profile image0

Thanks to everyone for the great advice here. Irohner the advertising tip is well appreciated.  Content is key and I will work on that along with my keyword reserch.

kschang, I can see your point about the promotion side of things why push something when you are giving advice to people who already have the product, also my bit and byte reaserch should have been a bit better. The stats where probably my bad I think I may have mixed up the smartphone and Blackberry, not Good! should have known really my wife has a Blackberry.

Would it be worth my while to join the 30 hubs in 30 days contest?

Thanks again for all the help here.

1. leahlefler profile image96
      leahleflerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Marty, your hubs are pretty good (the advice of the more experienced hubbers is great)! I would definitely try to do the 30 hubs in 30 days: group like articles together and then use the google adsense URL tracker for each hub. That way, when you start to generate revenue, you'll know which hubs are the best "earners" and you can focus on that genre.

Good luck!

6. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

It always creases me up how people who write on the forums in broken English and then have perfect hubs don't realise that the difference is so obvious!! big_smile

So true, Izzy. Sad, but so true...

working