jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

new Kontera tag

1. 0
    KJS411posted 5 years ago

I recently signed up with Kontera and activated my account. Kontera provided lines of code and instructions to copy and paste the code but I'm not exactly sure where to do this on my hub or profile.

There were lines of code when I signed up for my account and the Kontera note listed below.

"Copy and paste the tag into your site's HTML source code. Be sure to paste the tag right before the closing  HTML tag on all your site's pages."

var dc_AdLinkColor = 'blue' ;
    var dc_PublisherID = XXXXXX ;

I did not know where on my hubpages hub to copy and paste this code. I took the publisher id I saw in the code (XXXXXX) and entered into the hubpages affiliate code section. Do I need to manually copy and paste the entire tag or did I complete by just adding the publisher id? I want to make sure I properly linked the Kontera tag to my site to get the appropriate adds. Is the proper link set up so Kontera knows what types of adds to place on my page and how long will it take. My affiliate page changed to set for Kontera and shows a link to the metrics and revenue. Should it read set or active? Thanks.

1. cohenj88 profile image60
      cohenj88posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi KJS411,

This is Jonathan from Kontera. Website Examiner is correct. When implementing Kontera on a HubPages account, you don't need to use your entire Kontera, just place your Kontera site ID# on your HubPages affiliate page, as explained in the link Website Examiner provided.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

- Jonathan Cohen
      Kontera Community Manager

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

That is a typical misunderstanding. The instructions to which are referring are for webmasters, not Hubbers. You cannot insert HTML code into HubPages. Instead, you will be inserting your Kontera affiliate ID into the HubPages control panel, Affiliate Settings. Here are the instructions:

3. 0
    KJS411posted 5 years ago

Thanks for your quick replies. I thought that may be the case regarding the code. I did in fact enter the publisher id on the Hubpages control panel yesterday. Thanks again.