jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Stumbleupon - does anyone understand it?

1. Bard of Ely profile image86
    Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago

I get such varied viewing figures from Stumbleupon that change drammatically and can do within hours eg today my viewing figure for 7 days dropped from in the 90s to 0. Just a day ago it was in the hundreds. So how can it go from hundreds to 0? Surely the figure should increase not decrease to nothing?
    My totals from the site are excellent but how the figures are reached I cannot understand at all!

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

If they like what you have submitted - they will click the thumbs up button and you will get more traffic. If they don't like it, they won't and the traffic will die. But I have known it drop off and then come back months later smile or not big_smile as the case may be.....

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I find that Stumbleupon is better at getting you a quick bunch of lookie-loos, and not really visitors that spend time on a Hub who interact meaningfully.

4. Shay Govara profile image61
    Shay Govaraposted 8 years ago

I got 206 views to my new hub today from StumbleUpon. I hope it keeps up.

Not very good traffic though because no adsense clicks.

SG

5. Bard of Ely profile image86

Thanks for your replies, Mark, relache and Shay! I still don't see how you can have hundreds of views in 7 days and then none. Surely if you had the views that number should still be there even if no one is now interested?

6. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

It doesn't work like that. Stumble upon decides how many times to show your page based on how popular it is (or how much money you paid them) when a stumbler clicks a "show me a random page" button. The visitor them self made no decision to specifically visit you. If enough of them like it and click the thumbs up button, you get shown to more people with the same interest.

You can see hundreds in a day - then nothing - or thousands - I have had several blogs crash when they arrive in big numbers.

A few hundred visitors means it didn't hit the spot smile

1. Bard of Ely profile image86
      Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for explaining, Mark!
      I am not going to let it worry me! lol

7. The How To Hub profile image79
    The How To Hubposted 8 years ago

Marks given some good advice there - I agree.

I find if I stumble new sites myself and use the random stumble function (just for 10 mins a day) it gets me a little more residual traffic.

Thumbs up sites that relate to your interests on your profile if you like them - don't be shy....
    then other stumblers have more ways of finding you, your profile and your hubs.

I get hits from my stumble profile doing this also : ) But it's something else to remember to do and when I forget the traffic drops off.

Meet up with other hubbers on the site and use the 'send to friend' function to share more traffic and exposure. Add me if you like  : )

http://grnmarketing.stumbleupon.com/

Shaye

8. Bard of Ely profile image86

Thanks for the info, Shaye!

working