jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Can not get the video to load after pasting Embed code

1. CMCastro profile image86
    CMCastroposted 5 years ago

When I went to add to a hub of mine with a YouTube video, the Embed code was pasted but when I clicked to preview the video, Nothing Loaded. Why is it not loading?  This happened several times in two days. Help, please!

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

you cannot embed code.. just share and pater the link and you video will work.

2. CMHypno profile image90
      CMHypnoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You need to click on the 'use old code' box, and then use this code, which will work.

It took me some time to work this out! LOL smile

3. Freya Cesare profile image77
      Freya Cesareposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I had similar problem yesterday. It seem You Tube had changed their embed code.

You still able to used embed code, but used old embed code instead rather than the new one, by marking the box where it said "used old embed code" which located bellow the embed code box.

2. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 5 years ago

Yes, I had that problem as well.  The surest way of embedding a YouTube video is to go to the video in question, and copy the URL address.  The video capsule will accept either.

3. Pamela N Red profile image91
    Pamela N Redposted 5 years ago

I had to use the URL instead of the embed code. For some reason that isn't working anymore. I even had to redo some of my other blogs with videos. I think it is a change with HubPages.

4. ezhang profile image
    ezhangposted 5 years ago

Hey guys, we are aware of this problem and are working to get it fixed as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing for everyone!