jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Scraping (copied hubs) warning

1. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 6 years ago

I have just had one of my main hubs copied in its entirety on the website www.gtksa.org11 - it's a 'foreign' Gerogia Tech site.

What is really ironic is that it's my site about creating backlinks - in it I comment on how some sites are scraped (or copied entirely) and that you can at least benefit if the original links you included are also copied.

In this case they were, but it's such a high profile hub for me that I have still filed the usual complaint - interesting to see if my scraped work is deleted!

1. quotations profile image91
      quotationsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I went to the site but I could not find anything in English. Where did they post your article?

I have had a couple of articles copied almost verbatim. The copied articles continue to get decent search engine traffic. I am not sure if they would be getting more if they had not been copied. But I decided not to bother trying to take the copies down.

2. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Simey, can you please edit your post so the link is not live? Why reward content thieves with a backlink?

SimeyCposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I only posted the website address of the main site - which is a korean hub on the Georgia tech campus...I added some
      stuff' to make the link not work!

3. Aisla profile image82
    Aislaposted 6 years ago

How did you find out?

SimeyCposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages has a cool feature that searches for copied sites - when you go to 'my account' and list your hubs - any hubs that have been copied have a red (c) next to them - you can then go into the hub and see the URL where the copy is.

1. Aisla profile image82
        Aislaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That was great information and saved me a whole load on learning time.
        Appreciated.

working