jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Any other kids?

1. sherwinboy profile image60
    sherwinboyposted 8 years ago

Hi, I was wondering, are there ANY other kids here on hubpages?

(8(l) homer simpson tongue

2. Squimpleton profile image61
    Squimpletonposted 8 years ago

Considering that you're not supposed to make hubs if you're under 18, I hope there aren't too many kids.

sherwinboyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

nowhere does it say that you have to be 18 sad

3. Squimpleton profile image61

http://hubpages.com/help/user_agreement

Section 3

"Once You register you may create a Hub to become a Author. Only adults (18 years and over) may become Authors."

4. kpfingaz profile image77
    kpfingazposted 8 years ago

Thats a dumb rule... C'mon leave the kid alone.

Yea... rofl big_smile jk but yea it is a dumb rule... I mean, theres no adult content,or any bad things sad

2. profile image0
      Ronald Daniarposted 8 years ago in reply to this

http://hubpages.com/help/user_agreement is a dumb rule then?

lol I would like to hear from HP Team. Another issue in HP

5. Squimpleton profile image61

I'm not saying it's a smart rule nor saying he should follow it. I was just pointing out that , since there technically is the rule, ideally there should not be other kids smile. I'm not trying to be mean to him or anything. If anything I think it's great an 11 year old is here. Kids do provide a certain insight into things that adults forget about.

6. vietnamese profile image79
    vietnameseposted 8 years ago

I think it's cool to see you kids here too! You guys have different spirits than us adults! tongue

7. Inspirepub profile image86
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

My daughter has a HubPages account - I signed as the official "Author" on her behalf, and if you are running Adsense on your Hubs then the person whose Adsense ID is in your Affliate box is the official over-18 "publisher" of your Hubs.

My daughter hasn't made a new Hub in a while, though. I'll let her know you were asking after her, LOL. Maybe it will encourage her.

She's 12.

Jenny

8. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

At first I was concerned about Sherwinboy writing here since he is under eighteen, but he has assured us all his dad is fine with this.  His dad is also a writer here at Hubpages, so this is okay with his family.  Hubpages is a better place for him to be hanging out than myspace or some other website, so it is good he is here smile.

Thats very true big_smile

9. sherwinboy profile image60
    sherwinboyposted 8 years ago

(8(l) homer simpson big_smile big_smile big_smile

10. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

I have, in the recent past, reported Hubbers who are under 18, including those whose parents falsify the registration information. 

Really, it isn't that difficult to read and follow the Terms of Service and such for most websites.

working