jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

About email notices on comments and forum posts...

1. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 5 years ago

I've been getting occasional notices of comments by Hubbers whose hubs I've commented on.  Same with forum posts.  Could we have this feature turned 'off' by default instead of 'on'.  This could tend to fill up one's (already crammed) inbox rather quickly if you're an active commenter, if it's 'on' by default.

I find it easier just to check my Hubtivity each day, since I visit at least once a day anyway.

1. Ari Lamstein profile image77
      Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Timorous,

Yes, we recently changed the default behavior of the checkbox to be "on" instead of "off".

However, the site will remember the last value that you selected.  So in your next hub comment, simply uncheck the box.  The next time that you comment, it will be off by default.

The same is true for forum posts. 

Ari

1. timorous profile image92
        timorousposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Ari.  Can I assume this is a global choice, or is it a hub-by-hub choice...?

It is a global choice.

2. American_Choices profile image84
    American_Choicesposted 5 years ago

Additionally, for the edit feature of a comment, can we also edit the email notification?

I just tried unsuccessfully to edit a comment to turn on the email notification and wasn't given the opportunity.

This is a good point.  It looks like we missed this case.  I will add it to my task list.

1. GmaGoldie profile image85
        GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are terrific!  Thank you very much!

2. Ari Lamstein profile image77

This has been fixed in development, and it will go out with the next site update.

3. thisisoli profile image63
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

I have been getting this as well, personally I don't like the change, If I really want to keep up to date on a thread I will check it, this is pretty rare however. 

I would be interested in knowing if there was a majority check on people who used this feature before it was changed to a default.

Having the option is good, but i would rather not have to keep receiving emails every time my cookie expires.

4. thisisoli profile image63
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

Would it be possible to make this an option in our edit profile settings?

5. RedElf profile image84
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

YAY! Thanks for that.

6. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Great..this is proving to be a huge hindrance... I will be happy to see it go! smile

working