jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Link Suggestion Tool

1. snooklette profile image78
    snookletteposted 5 years ago

I'm new to hp and am looking to find some info on the link suggestion tool.  What is the best way to use this?  Should I contact the hub writer and ask them for permission to link?  I don't want to do anything that is considered rude or incorrect.  Also, I used the group feature in my account to group my hubs, but I'm not really understanding how to link each of my hubs together.   Any help would be appreciated.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

There is no need to ask anyone for permission to link to their hubs. I do not use the link suggestion tool, personally, so maybe others have more experiences with that.

Apart from the Groups feature, the best way to interlink your hubs depends on how many. If you want to link to one or two, consider using textual links placed in the relevant places. If you want several links, use a link capsule, usually placed just above the comments capsule or aligned alongside a text capsule.

3. snooklette profile image78

Thanks so much for the quick reply.  Now I'm really going to sound like an idiot.  Is there an area in hp that explains how to do the textual links?  I only have a couple of hubs so far, but will use the capsule when I have more.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome. That is very simple. To create a textual link:
      - Type the text as you want it to appear (e.g. "My related hub."), then highlight that;
      - Click on the chain-link icon;
      - Paste the URL for the hub you want to link to into the box that appears. If it is your own hub, you can select it from the drop-down menu, instead;
      - Click save.

This all assumes that you are working on your hub in editing mode.

4. snooklette profile image78

Sounds easy enough.  Thanks so much again.  I'll give it a try.

5. Howard S. profile image87
    Howard S.posted 5 years ago

Snooklette, I personally find the "suggest links" facility more frustrating than helpful. The phrases it highlights are seemingly quite random. The best phrase to conduct a search may not even occur in my hub, so it can't be selected, or it is in a non-selectable subhead. It also seems to be a bit buggy.

This is my preferred method: I do this while still working in my word processor, before pasting my text into text capsules. In another browser window, I open hubpages' normal search tool. I can type any text into the search engine and select a hub or whatever that I want to link. Back in my word processor, I highlight the word or phrase I want to put that hypperlink on.

When I'm done with all that, I can paste the text, with hyperlinks intact, into text capsules. I usually want to click the link icon to use advanced features, but the basic work is done.