jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

My articles are coming up as duplicates...

1. Korsgaard profile image61
    Korsgaardposted 6 years ago

The reason is probably, because I have posted them on my blog as well as hubpages. Or is there another reason for it?

1. thisisoli profile image55
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is probably the reason. Duplicate content is not a good thing, and Google is cracking down on sites which host large amounts of duplicate content.

Korsgaardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Even if I wrote the original article?

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, even if you wrote it. Your best bet is to reword either your HP article or you own site article.

Korsgaardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok, I will do so, thank you. How much should I change?

1. IzzyM profile image87
              IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

All of it I would imagine, or at least 80% of it. Say the same things with different words that's all.

2. thisisoli profile image55
          thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes. Google has publicky stated that they will be cracking down on Duplicate content, especially the sites that host a large amoutn of it. Duplicating your own content across a hundred sites has no benefit to users, if anything it makes things more difficult for them.

Keep in mind what benefits peolpe searching on Google, that is what your content needs to reflect. If you want high quality backlinks you need to submit high quality content to high quality sites. Shortcuts will give you little benefit.

working