jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Very important changes coming to Facebook

1. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

http://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=486790652130 Watch for this, it is important. Twitter should do this too!

Gmail has allowed this for some time - if you don't know that you have turned it on, you should check.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Sounds good - and about time!

I like the sound of remote logout and one-time passwords. Wish they'd given a bit more info.

And HTTPS sounds good.

Social Authentication is already in use - if you sign in on a computer you haven't accessed facebook on before, it will ask you to identify people, and you can only do it once every hour and you need to get 100% accuracy. I think that's a good idea.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Geez....I better go brush up on the photos! A lot of my kids' high school friends have friended me on there, and I haven't seen them in a gazillion years, what with college now behind them and all.

1. nell79 profile image86
      nell79posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Lots of old high school friends-and even some that I barely knew-have friended me and there are some I barely recognize from high school, let alone today! lol

4. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

gee, this wouldn't have anything to do with Zuckerberg's own account being hacked?...LOL big_smile

5. Jane@CM profile image62
    Jane@CMposted 5 years ago

Oh my, most of my HS friends use their full names...First Maiden and Married name - I can't remember all their married names!  Ah - I'm screwed lol

6. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

I'm in even worse shape! Half of the people I'm friended with I can't even remember where I know them from (which phase of my life) and am too embarrassed to ask!
    Uh, excuse me ... do I know you from high school? College?
    One of my many jobs?
    Facebook is not for the senile, I'm afraid lol

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ayup.  I'm either going to have to look through some photos or un-friend a bunch of people...

7. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 5 years ago

Its a great idea. This will certainly cut back on all of those fake accounts. I don't use my official facebook id to promote my content. I use a fanpage and there is no way possible to implement this on fanpages where there are 10's of thousands of followers.