jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Problem with changing title of a hub

1. PlayaNorte profile image83
    PlayaNorteposted 8 years ago

I noticed that if start a hub and then change its name later that the URL name remains the same.  For example, i recently published this hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Insiders-Gu … h-Car-Show which was originally titled The Insiders Guide to the Pebble Beach Car Show.  I changed the name to Car Lover's Weekend - The Monterey Historic Races and Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance but the URL did not change. 

I am worried this will affect my search traffic.  Any tips, ideas?  I am contemplating deleting this hub and starting a new one with the correct title.

1. jyuva profile image40
      jyuvaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I think url will not change once you posted.big_smile
      we can't change the url big_smile

1. PlayaNorte profile image83
        PlayaNorteposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Tanks jyuva - but i changed the name way before i posted the actual hub. I realize it can not be changed now but if i change the title during the editing process, the URL stays the same

1. jyuva profile image40
          jyuvaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Once you published the Hub then we can't change the url but title we can change big_smile

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

As things are now, the URL is fixed at the time you first create the hub even if you haven't published it yet.  It's a bit of a pain, but you can manually transfer the contents of the hub to a new hub with the URL you want.  However, if the subject hasn't changed radically it may not be worth doing ...

1. The How To Hub profile image79
      The How To Hubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

paul'd know - he runs the place....

Had noticed that also...once you get to the screen after adding tags and writing your initial headline the url can't be changed - an understandable requirement really...

cheers

working