1. Adding a date/time stamp to the Statistics & Traffic Sources sections.
2. Groups: Add the ability for subgroups.
3. Hub Editing: Add the ability to include pictures within text.
4. Make each hub a little more sociable (with trackers of course ,) possibly an http://www.addthis.com/ button.
5. Page (background) and text color changes on hubs.
6. Ability to create layers on hubs.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Any other suggestions?
2. I was actually trying to figure out how to do that lol .Guess it doesn't exist.
3. I would LOVE that. Or at least the ability to put the picture module on the left. Putting it always on the right is boring.
4. I thought there was something like this already
5. That'd be cool...but then I'd have to redo my PrettyHubs tutorials. lol.
6. Same answer as 5.
So yeah. All of the ones relating the graphics are the ones I like (3,5,6).
1) From what I've understood in the two years I've been using the HubPages platform is that the stats here are supposed to be very general, with the more advance info coming from Google Analytics (if you chose to use those).
2) Since Groups are primarily for the authors themselves, this seems unnecessary to me.
3) Pictures can already have a caption, or you can have a single picture and use a text capsule to add as much text as you might require next to it, so I'm not sure what you're asking for here.
4) My hubs seem to be quite sociable as it is without having an extra goo-gah to do it.
5) Oh, please, no! Too many people have absolutely no sense of page design and there are already lots of places on the internet to build garish and ugly pages that are hard to read.
6) Layers? Seems to be a redundant request of #5 somehow.
Actually the use of text with images is very limited. What if I want to put a small picture after text..and then put more text afterwards? In other words , what if I want to put a picture in the middle?
Also what if I want to use my own bullets instead of the ugly standard ones? Can't really do that without the ability to add imagines inside of the text capsule.
What if I want to do a lens about characters and wish to put alternating side pictures? What I mean is what if I want the first picture to be on the LEFT of the text, and then another one on the RIGHT of the text? Since pictures can never be on the left according to the current system, that's impossible to do.
Most importantly the caption system kind of sucks. It turns Line breaks into spaces. If I write
"I like this pic.
I took it myself"
then I wouldn't want it automatically changed to "I like this pic. I took it myself".
Yes this is a stupid example but there have been times in the past when I got frustrated that line breaks weren't kept, or that you can't put underlines or bold or italics to caption text.
I don't care about the other 5 suggestions that much as I can live without them....but come on , why can't I put a picture to the left and have some control of the way caption text looks?
1. I'd only like a date/time to see when HubPages stats have been updated; no other reason.
2. Maybe unnecessary to you but not to me.
(Example: Top Group - Theatre; Subgroups - Plays, Monologues, Acting, Directing, etc.)
3. Simply to be able to put pictures inside the text capsule (left, center, right.)
4. If people already have accounts with stumble, digg, etc. it'd be a nice extra way to help publicize hubs instead of manually going to each site and doing that or having to install alot of toolbars. On a click, addthis.com will do this for up to 34 sites for you. It's a nice goo-gah that is in form of a tiny button.
5. Referring to color and text only. Possibly the ability to change the title / subtitle colors at least. (Understand where you're coming from with this one though.)
6. Referring to background images and offering the ability to frame text with image.
(Not the same as 5 at all. Closer to being opposite.)
If you were not being rude, I apologize for the accusation. I wasn't expecting such a strong opinion against what I've suggested.
1. Not sure what you mean
2. Don't care
3. Don't care
4. Use "Share it" link at the bottom of the hub. However, it may be made a little more prominent, I myself keep forgetting it is there.
5. Resounding NO - many threads on this.
6. Not sure what you mean. Did not not see your second post - NO, see item 5.
I think a rating system for hubs would be good. Each hubber should be required to rate their hub when they publish it according to content age. Mush like video game ratings.
Mark, you seemed to have misplaced your sarcasm smiley
Precisely. I don't like any of the suggestions.
Just a little addition... I'm not posting this to complain at all about HP. I LOVE IT HERE!!!
I am simply offering suggestions... (Hence the thread starting in the "Report a Problem or Suggest a New Feature" section.)
So, with that said, I'd appreciate kind, helpful and non-rude words in this thread.
Thank you Misha for demonstrating the usage of unkind words, a non-helpful spirit and overall rudeness. You've done a terrific job!
For future posters, please be kind. (THESE ARE ONLY SUGGESTIONS.)
I was gonna respond about the myspace thing, but chose not to.
Please point out what exactly was rude in my post? Firm yes, where I have a firm opinion, but rude... IDK, I might be missing something with my ESL, so help me here.
Misha - you weren't rude. Blunt yes, rude no.
Personally, I am a big fan of communicating clearly
Now then, when are you going to convert and have EFL?
I don't see what's the big deal about letting people have colors.
As long as it isn't a free choice, it can be controlled. Why can't HP just pick 3-5 colors that go well with background, and also are easily readable (darkred, darkblue, orange, etc.) and then just add a Color button on the text editor? That way we get the opportunity to mix up colors a bit, and there is still control so that we don't end up reading hubs with poor color choices.
And as far as borders go, if we can have a border option for picture, why not one for text capsules?
You know what else would be cool? You know how there are width choices in the picture capsule? (half, full, quarter). It'd be nice to have those for text capsules as well.
We do - you can float a text capsule half-width to the right just like a picture capsule.
She means being able to center it and all that too.
As procw stated, I meant so that it would auto center.
When you put a pic on Quarter with a stand-alone image capsule, it auto-centers. I think that would be cool. For example a recipe hub could have its list of ingredients. The Quarter would allow it to only use a centered amount of space.
I gues anyone can do all of that on their own personally created web pages--
but, hey, for some of us, this is complicated enough to learn fom square one. The beauty of HP lies in it's simplicity. After all, isn't it the CONTENT ?
You would think so, wouldn't you? Most money to be made on writing now is in the advertising. Content that is well written and in vogue are important, IMHO, but to make money from writing online, you have to take advantage of advertising.
Content that is unappealing is often ignored or given up on. Moving text around makes it more exciting from a reader's point of view.
There's no point in having great content if its presentation scares away readers.
I don't find any of the possible Hub layouts scary ...
I've seen some mighty scary Squidoo lenses and MySpace pages, though!
Well I think most myspage pages are scary no matter what
ProCw, you could make a Myspace page to promote your hubs, which lets you some of the things you wanted to do on your list. I have Myspace and I will send you an invite if you like.
There are times, I've gotta admit, when I'd love to have HTML tools on Hub Pages. At the same time, I can see where that added layer of complexity could become a tech-tutoring nightmare for staff.
Besides, no-HTML does force me to focus on content. Sometimes, a small dose of inconvenience is healthy.
And they say Men aren't "catty!" Meow, gentlemen, MEOW. And may I add Pfffft.
I enjoy hubpages, but it is not my primary site for publishing my articles. I would like to see more opportunity to add HTML and our own ads to the hubs.
Hubpages is coming along, I believe, and as I said, I do enjoy it. I would probably publish more here if it offered more options to dress up the articles.
You may now resume your cat fight
Nice. I like a passive/aggresive woman?
Very snotty. Well done. Hubpages is coming along lol Very good. You must be an expert then? Oh wait - only here for 4 weeks lolo
by robredman10 months ago
I visit HP frequently for years. Last week I decided to start writing in HP.Then I created four hubs within five days.Three of those are not featured and one is still collecting data.I am thinking to make improvements...
by ryankett6 years ago
A couple of days ago I began the process of tidying up my Hubpages, in the past 24 hours I have seen a rise in Google.com traffic of 14% on the 24 hour prior. I also saw a rise in that 24 hour period too. This is...
by jacobkuttyta7 years ago
I would like to know who is the top hubber in terms of Number of hubs. And also like to know about the income earned by him/her?
by Holly6 years ago
As many of us are-I am looking for work. I have a few weekly columns I write for an online news source, but it doesnt pay the bills. I have been asked to submit 3 pieces of writing to demonstrate my writing ability for...
by classicalgeek7 years ago
Hi, yes, I'm a newbie. I read a lot about hubpages before joining, and I have just written my first two hubs and would like some suggestions for these, and for writing hubs in general. I would especially appreciate help...
by Grace Marguerite Williams2 years ago
As writers, we have received our share of dissenting comments on our hubs which is well and good. However, there are comments which are completely rude and disrespectful. Such comments include personal...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.