jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Page Rank

1. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 5 years ago

So I recently discovered what page rank actually means.  I also spotted a forum post about some people's profil page page rank being quite high.  Mine is still stuck at zero, hopefully it will move up at some point.

I was wondering though if our hubs ever get a page rank of more than 0?  I looked at a few of my most popular ones and they rated 0, which I expected.  I also looked at the current top rated hub on the site, which also got 0.  So does anyone's pages ever managed to get an actual page rank above 0?

1. Edweirdo profile image96
      Edweirdoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have several hubs with a page rank over 0 (I think the highest is PR3), but when I was at the HubCamp in NYC a couple of weeks ago, HubPages CEO Paul Edmondson mentioned that Google is decreasing its use of PR in search engine ranking, so it may soon become irrelevant all together...

2. ThomasE profile image81
      ThomasEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they do. I noticed recently one hub with a PR of 6, which is as high as hubpage,com itself.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

I checked one of mine and it is 3 but I found out somebody copied it at squidoo including my username. I will inform them now. Thanks for posting this.

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

My oldest hubs are all 2's and one 3.  It seems to have more to do with age than anything - as I come forward the rest are all 0's except for the most recent which are n/a.

My one PR of 3 is not on a particularly popular hub - there are several 2's that have much higher all time traffic and are only a few days younger.  The only two older ones are 2's and are my very first hubs that are poorly written with no keyword research or SEO.

1. andyoz profile image86
      andyozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmmmm, so it seems like age is the biggest factor, although if Edweirdo is right then i suppose it doesn't matter that much.

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

I believe PR is all about links to the page, but it makes sense that an older hub would have more links. In any event, Edweirdo is right and PR is going the way of the Dodo. I think Thisisoli may have a hub on the subject.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have to agree, but it's a little disappointing as I find some hubs with a 2 or 3.  I hadn't expected to see that for a year or two.

5. fordie profile image80
    fordieposted 5 years ago

Google had a long period of not updating the public Page Rank. I noticed some of my sites get ranked for the first time recently. When I checked - http://googlepagerankupdate.com/ - it seems that there has been a full update.

You may start to notice some hubs getting PR soon.