jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Safelists

1. Garlic Angel profile image78
    Garlic Angelposted 6 years ago

Hi there, could someone please tell me if it is ok to use safelists for advertising your hubs?  I was using adsolutions a while back and my page views went up but someone told me that google does not allow this and i could be banned for using them ?   Need to get traffic to my hubs  :-(

1. profile image0
      Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You'd probably have to ask Google directly.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

This discussion from the AdSense support forums should be helpful:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/A … &hl=en

Garlic Angelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Donna Ok thanks I will do that :-)

1. profile image0
        Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have to say, though, that I haven't used safelists in years to promote anything and quite frankly couldn't get out of them fast enough. Safelists are simply "advertisers advertising to advertisers," so there's no real customer base there. And most of them are geared toward the MLM/home business front. Most safelist mail ends up in someone's yahoo spam folder because participants are only interested in advertising their own offers and not looking at anyone else's.

At least that was my experience years ago.

Hi donna yes that seems to be the general advice alright “stay away from them” I was on one a while back, absolutions, and I was getting a lot of traffic from it. But then someone told me I could be banned from Google so I stopped.

Unfortunately I am not getting much traffic besides.

I know people say it takes time and hard work which I am not afraid of so I will just have to keep working at it.

Thanks for your reply I appreciate it.

2. Garlic Angel profile image78

Website Examiner,

thank you for that very helpful link to the google adsense help forum. I am still feeling my way around and have a lot to learn,, silly me that's where I should be asking alright... I have the link now so I can ask away.  Thanks again appreciate it. Sorry for the delay in replying but i was at my office job today. Not enough hours in the day  :-)

Garlic Angel :-)

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Ms. Angel, I'm glad to help. I found that discussion very informative, and rather pointed. I also noted that some of the participants were very experienced, including a Top Contributor, which is an honorary title within the Google support system - they can flag posts for staff review, and so are considered elite. Good luck to you!

1. iamalegend profile image73
          iamalegendposted 6 years ago in reply to this

smile

working