jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

Manchester England

1. arthurchappell profile image61
    arthurchappellposted 5 years ago

I'd love to meet Hubbers in or near my home town - guess the firstthing to do is establish how many of us are out here and who is interested and then take it from there - me for one obviously.

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi arthurchappell!   I know there are quite a few Hubbers in your area.  The best thing to do is start a Meetup for your hometown here:  http://www.meetup.com/HubPages/  When others sign up, you can schedule a time and place.  Let me know if you need any help!

2. Mrs. J. B. profile image61
      Mrs. J. B.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am not close by all means. However I grew up in Manchester, MA. and I am English to boot. Actually I am classified as a WASP......

3. TinaAtHome profile image74
      TinaAtHomeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well I'm in California but I go to England every September. If there was a meetup in Manchester I would love to join you.

1. TinaAtHome profile image74
        TinaAtHomeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm actually in Chester for the middle two weeks of September.

2. cre8tive profile image80
    cre8tiveposted 5 years ago

I love the idea of meeting up with other Hubbers but Manchester is probably a bit far for me - it's around a 3 hr drive north from where I am.

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi cre8tive, 
      You can start a Meetup community in your city or town and also join other communities.  I'd suggest creating a Meetup and if others also join, you can choose a place and time to meet.  Let me know if you need any help!  Here's the url:  http://www.meetup.com/HubPages/
      Cheers,
      Robin

3. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

I live near Manchester. Anyone else fancy going? Meet With Frog day? And Arthur of course smile

1. andyoz profile image86
      andyozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Im not to far away from Manchester either, live over in Blackburn.  Where bouts are you frog?

2. arthurchappell profile image61
      arthurchappellposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cheers Frogdropping

4. frogdropping profile image85

Outskirts of Huddersfield, just on the edge of the moors.

1. andyoz profile image86
      andyozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Must confess Huddersfield is one of the few places I have never been to in the NW.

1. frogdropping profile image85
        frogdroppingposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't let it keep you awake at night. The only thing to see here is me.

Oh and the pub up the road smile

1. superwags profile image82
          superwagsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Had my first night out ever in Huddersfield just before Christmas. It was, erm..... an experience! The Cockpit was decent though!

I'm from Newcastle; doesn't seem to be many from the NE on here...

5. arthurchappell profile image61
    arthurchappellposted 5 years ago

I have actually added a Manchester meetup option onthe Hub meet Up listings. Feel fre to check it out and let me know what you think and if free to attend. Arthur

6. frogdropping profile image85

Arthur I will come if more decide to make the journey. I'm not sure how many live in and around the North West/East.

I would have thought that there were more interested as Manchester is fairly central. Maybe there aren't as many UK hubbers, or none have seen this - IDK smile

@ Superwags ... you're crazy lol. I don't go into the center. I like waking up on a morning.

working