jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Amazon Affiliate

1. jagandelight profile image87
    jagandelightposted 6 years ago

I signed up with Amazon over a month and half ago and there has been no activity to the account. I notice that the setting in the Affiliate Code box is in a vanilla yellow color with the code written in, and in the Status line it's marked set, unlike Adsense its marked Active. What am I doing wrong? Is there another step I am overlooking?

1. tritrain profile image74
      tritrainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did you add the Amazon code, something like your-code-20, to your Hub Pages Amazon affiliate section?  If so, is it correct?

Incidentally, many of us create a special code just for Hub Pages, such as jaganhubs-20.

jagandelightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks.
        how do I add this personal code? Do I take out the amazon code out the box and type in my special code?

2. thisisoli profile image58
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Set means it is active on hubpages.

thank you, i feel better now.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I looked at 4 of your hubs and none of them have Amazon ads, you have to add the Amazon capsules in order to earn.

And in the one I did find that had ads, they were way at the bottom, they should be more integrated into the text if you want people to notice them.

And, regardless, it can take a long time to sell anything on Amazon.

1. tritrain profile image74
      tritrainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, that would be a problem.  neutral

2. jagandelight profile image87

Thanks for the input, I didn't realized that I didn't have Amazon in many of my hubs. I am going back and fixing the problem.
      Thank you for the tip of placement of products.

4. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 6 years ago

If it's 'Set', it is working.  You must remember that Hubpages gets 40% of the clicks, so you may have just had some bad luck or bad timing.

You need lots of relevant, even specific Amazon ads in your hubs in order to entice readers to click.  Writing sales copy is a tricky business.  People are fickle.  You have to get their attention, then make them feel like they can't live without that product.

It took me 8 months to make my first Amazon sale. Also many people end up buying something other that the product you were promoting, but you still get the commission.

Also, January and February (except Valentine's Day) are typically slow months.  Be patient.

what are some example of relevant  specific Amazon ads?

working