jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

URL tracker and traffic sources

1. dineane profile image86
    dineaneposted 8 years ago

If someone clicks an URL tracker, does it show up under hubpages on traffic sources or will it have the url of the site where you posted the tracker?

Sorry if this is in the help somewhere and I didn't look :-( I just noticed that one of my (odd) articles has the beautiful traffic rising arrow but nothing from the site where I posted the link on my traffic sources.

I have used trackers on this particular site before and have seen the main url in my traffic sources, just not now.

2. dineane profile image86

OOPS! Sorry! I see it now. It had a "sub url" (is that an appropriate term) and not the main url.

3. Mark Bennett profile image59
    Mark Bennettposted 8 years ago

The URL tracker reporting here at HubPages is very un-detailed. Totals only, no breakdown.

You should see the source page URL showing up in the stats on your Hub, though, and you can always use Google Analytics to get a really detailed breakdown.

4. dineane profile image86

Thanks, Mark. I'm happy to say I had a long enough list of traffic sources that I just didn't see the one I was looking for at first. I knew I had seen it before and was sure that was were the spike in traffic came from, just missed it on this look.

thanks again for responding!