jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

My scores are dropping like old people at a june wedding

1. funnebone profile image69
    funneboneposted 8 years ago

I am a little confused..even more than normal, because my scores have been plummeting even though I am building back links and drawing traffic from outside of Hub. Great works of literature such as becoming a male underwear model have fallen far below the mendoza line. Right now my highest rated hub ( at 85) is about the best nose hair trimmer. Either there are a lot more hairy nostrils out there than I anticipated or something is fishy....

2. hootnhowell profile image60
    hootnhowellposted 8 years ago

I have hairy nostrils. Not sure what God is thinking? He makes the hair on top of my head thinner, but has it growing out my nose and ears. Perhaps that will be useful in the after life. It seems to me scores tend to fall for humor as some of these hubbers are a wrapped a little tight. I am trying to drum up interest in a recently started humor blog. Most of these people are very convinced that money will fall into their pockets by promoting online bussiness interests. You seem to be a humorous individual and would like to read more of your stuff. Feel free to read my hubs as well. Good luck perhaps its seasonal like the Chicago Cubs I notice their rankings never fall in the off season, only when they actually play baseball. Which my dad maintained was a silly sport because if you hit the ball you have to run the bases, but if you miss the ball you get to sit down.

1. BeatsMe profile image81
      BeatsMeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hey, that's a good joke. lol

3. embitca profile image80
    embitcaposted 8 years ago

I wouldn't worry too much about hubscore. Most of my high traffic hubs are down in the 70s. The hubs I have in the 90s probably get half as much traffic. The hubscore algorithm is a bit of a mystery.

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It favors traffic increase much more than traffic amount. Build yourself a roller-coaster when you traffic goes from 100 to 1000 and back, and you are guaranteed to see your hub on the first page big_smile

4. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

I find that Misha - my best hub is usually #3 on G for its keywords and the traffic has been consistent for a couple of months - but the hubscore can be 83 or 98! Doesn't matter so long as the G traffic comes!

5. aidenofthetower profile image89
    aidenofthetowerposted 8 years ago

I wouldn't be concerned, my hubscores more around a lot too. I will wake up in the morning with my top hub at 83. The top ten move around the high seventies, eighties, and nineties. One day I might have five that end up in the 90's by time I go to bed. Other days only one and they fight for who is on top. I just keep writing. After all, while the hubscore is there to help readers know what is good, it doesn't do anything for the earnings!

6. 0
    listenupposted 8 years ago

This has nothing to do with scores. I'm new here and am still not certain of what the scores represent. Anyhow, my question is: I have now made one penny (yes, one red cent, one tenth of a dime) and would like to know how to spend it. Any suggestions?

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Just FYI, threadjacking (suddenly posting something unrelated to the topic) is considered bad forum etiquette.

7. 0
    listenupposted 8 years ago

8. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Yes. And shouting (ALL CAPS), too smile