jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

I want to post a hub with art work which I do not want to be copied ..

1. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 5 years ago

or reused ...what should I do to protect them from being used on the net or for other purposes without discretion...
    This hub is being written more as a promotion of a unique art fair...
    Any advice would be welcome...I have no clue... Thank you smile

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your hub is protected by copyright, but as many of us have found that is no guarantee at all that it will not be stolen and re-posted somewhere else.

In many cases simply demanding that it be removed is sufficient, but often it is difficult to impossible to enforce that.  It is a risk you run when publishing on the web.

1. sofs profile image86
        sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My question was about the art work... would you know something .. on that ..thanks for the response, i do appreciate it.

2. tritrain profile image75
      tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You could also put a watermark on every image.

1. sofs profile image86

Tritrain, any idea how to do it or where i could fine info on water marking..i will check out but if you have some handy information that you could share it would be splendid.
        Thanks I do appreciate the help.

1. brimancandy profile image81
          brimancandyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Another suggestion is signing your art, or initialing it in a way that only you know about. Then get dated photo evidence of your work, and keep it in a safe place, just in case you have to deal with theft. They often tell writers to make copies of their manuscripts and then mail it to themselves but don't open it when you get it. Sort of like dated evidence.

But, it's just a suggestion.

1. sofs profile image86

Thank you for responding, but this isn't my work I just want to promote or give the outside world a preview of what is on offer.. but not at the cost of their work being plagiarized or copied by anyone... Just being cautious

2. 0
    china manposted 5 years ago

I have faced this and came to the conclusion that there are only two ways, one is to put the picture through Photoscape or other imaging program and put text across the image that removes the original pixels from behind so that it cannot be easily reconstructed - which is quite easy if you spend a few minutes playing with the program.  another is to reduce the quality of the image (not the size) to a point where your small image is just clear enough but will not expand to a clear useable image, this would seem to be at an image size of less than 200KB which is about good enough for a large thumbnail type pic.

If there are any other ways I would also like to know about them.

1. 0
      china manposted 5 years ago in reply to this

AND in publishing the pcs you are plagiarising if you don't have permission to use them in the first place big_smile

1. sofs profile image86

Thanks this is a good suggestion... yes I would wait to see if there are more than one ways of doing this
        I have checked with the artist and only then taken the pictures... so I don't think I have a problem there..  smile

3. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 5 years ago

bump
    still looking for help smile

working