jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Financial fulfillment writing for HubPages. Past the success stories.

1. saintodd profile image61
    saintoddposted 5 years ago via iphone

I've been writing for HubPages going on 5 days. I'm doing my best to write passionate researched articles. I'm adding key words and using the affiliate programs. Now I'm beginning to explore back links.

I've read the success stories an have appreciated the tips and advice.

I'd like to hear from some newbies sharing how their doing it and what's working, also like to hear what's not.

I'm looking at the long haul. Im wanting to start right and build solid hubs.

I'm focusing on a couple years down the road and 1 or 2 thousand hubs before an income starts.

So let's hear it.

1. leahlefler profile image97
      leahleflerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've only been here a few weeks, and I have generated some revenue (about $6- enough for a cup of coffee). Keep writing quality hubs, and try writing on a few different topics to see what will generate revenue. Some of my hubs have generated nothing, and a very few have generated cash.

Also, group like hubs together, because someone may tab over to read the next article in the series - spending more time on your site and possibly generating an ad click. Use the URL tracker in adsense to determine which hubs are earning the money - only 3 or 4 of my hubs are earning anything (the others will take a while to climb in search engine ranking, and may never earn anything at all if the content isn't interesting to others).

Good luck!

saintoddposted 5 years ago in reply to this

leahlefler - thank you for the post and the advice. I'll make sure I improve my posts and continue to use your advice into the future. Thanks!

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

I'm not a newbie, but I do have some advice for you. Your hubs are very well-written, but if you're here to make money you should:

- Never include a photo next to the first text capsule, as you're just robbing yourself of prime ad real estate. Make sure your first text capsule includes enough text to allow the rectangular ad to show up next to it.

- Increase the length of your hubs, as hubs of 200-ish words are most likely too short. Although there is some debate on whether 400 words is sufficient or 1,000, I would say that 400 to 500 words is probably the minimum length your hubs should be.

- Get rid of duplicate content. It is NOT a good thing, even if you own the original piece of work. I see that you have posted some entries from your blog, and doing that is definitely going to ding your score. Hubpages doesn't like duplicate content, and Google doesn't either.

- Flesh out your tags. Six very broad tags (life, heart, etc.) are fine, but you should add more focused, longtail tags as well. I would say shoot for 10 tags minimum, including some broad ones and some focused ones.

Good luck!

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Exactly as lrohner said.

(Love your new avatar by the way.)

It's great that you're here for the long haul, but trust me - it takes about 100 hubs and about three months to start understanding what works, how to make the most of the traffic you get and start seeing decent regular earnings.

WryLilt - thank you that's a big help.

2. saintodd profile image61

Irohner - THANK YOU! I'm going back to make those adjustments. I really appreciate your help and comments. It's amazing sometimes its the little things that bite you and can make the biggest difference. You've given me some great steps. Thanks again!

3. Julie-Ann Amos profile image51
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 5 years ago

Good luck - long haul worked for me and the income is decent now.  but boy was it hard work!

Julie-Ann Thats encourageing thanks

4. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

It took me a year to reach the 100 payout, then 6 months for another payout....I hope the trend continues to be cut in half...lol

kmackey32 - me too! Thanks for posting. A year is a great goal to look at, and very doable.