jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Hmm, i have never taken advantage of this hub makeover....

1. kmackey32 profile image78
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

I guess I will now. So tell me how can I make this hub better?
    http://hubpages.com/hub/HR-Blocks-Rapid … -Available

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The only real criticism I have is the H&R is not shaddy.  Shady maybe, but not shaddy big_smile

One or two more text capsules with titles might help the skimmers some.  A single large block of text without titles turns many off and they leave.  The paragraph on the commercial could use a title. as an example.  I realize that will mess up the Amazon capsule, but maybe you could add information or experience with TurboTax.  It's cost is tax deductible, for instance, or a little more explanation as to the different products.

Overall, a good hub, Kmakey.

kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yea well its says shady, and i changed it before I read your comment....lmao

You have to admit that id did read just a little funny!big_smile

That type of thing is my personal bugaboo.  I proofread my stuff at least twice before publishing.  Then I read it again at about 30 days and always find more.  If I go back in another 30 days or so I still sometimes find something else.

Yes sometimes I forget to proof read, i get to busy....smile

And as I look at my last post, I have to lol.  I proofread these things too, but still make mistakes!  Spellcheckers certainly aren't the last word. smile

And it's too, not to and I not i!  What's wrong with us? lol  I think I'll go back to bed!

2. profile image0
      WildIrisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think one day I too should take advantage of this, but until then...

You've chosen a great top with first-hand experience to guide your writing. You're right H & R should let its customer know it no longer offers Rapid Refund.

I like the comment from pitzele and wondered if you could incorporate the word deceptive into you Hub because that is the issue you are addressing.

Is it possible to write using MS word and use spell check? (Just so this comment doesn't come across hurtful, I found one of my Hubs to have more spelling errors than pleased me. Proofreading ones own writing is a challenge.Spelling is my personal demon) Spell check might also pick up grammar mistakes in possessives and catch the misuse of there and their (possessive).

What if you put a bold header on the section where you talk about Turbo Tax to draw your reader's eye to that section?

I hope this helps some. This is a good and timely Hub that would benefit from some editing and proofreading.

~Iris

2. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Nice work, as always. smile

I just have two suggestions. Your first and last paragraphs are huge, and that can be intimidating to a reader. You can keep the text in the same text capsule, but just break each one of them up into two or three shorter paragraphs. And if you have access to it, run your work quickly through a spell-checker before you publish.

That's it!

Alright.....lol thanks will do...smile

3. kmackey32 profile image78

All grammer fixed, I think. I wrote it real fast at 1am and hadn't even proof read it....

4. kmackey32 profile image78

Too funny wilderness. I thought you did that intentional and was just being smart....lol. I just did some different keywords and went from $$$ to $$$$$... Whoohoo. lets hope it pays off....

working