jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

My Author Score

1. fastfreta profile image81
    fastfretaposted 5 years ago

I don't understand why my Author score continues to go down.  I know to some it is unimportant, but for me I'm concerned.  My score hasn't gone above 95 in months, and goes down to 93 on a regular basis. I used to reach 100 on a regular basis. Although I'm actively writing and participating in the community, through comments etc.

1. Tranquilheart profile image90
      Tranquilheartposted 5 years ago in reply to this

From what I observe with my score, whenever I post a new hub my score drops a bit and then my score could fluctuate depending on the performance of the hub.  But I don't know if that's just a coincidence because no one here can verify how these scores actually work ... it's kept a mystery for some reason roll

1. fastfreta profile image81
        fastfretaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I never thought of that Tranquilheart, but I'm going to take a look at that.  Actually I have been posting a few more hubs than usual, so maybe that's it.  I'll take anything as an explanation, so thank you for that.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

I don't understand it either, but wish you a speedy rebound.

3. To Start Again profile image84
    To Start Againposted 5 years ago

Scores fluctuate ALL the time. many forum posts as well as hubs have been devoted to this very question. There really is no rhyme or reason. Sometimes  fanning people like crazy or "famming" can cause a score to drop really quickly but you havent been doing that and actually, your hubtivity looks like your doing exactly what you "should" be. So just keep it up! it Will bounce back! smile

4. fastfreta profile image81
    fastfretaposted 5 years ago

Thank you Website examiner and To Start Again for that bit of encouragement.  I guess I'll just have to be patient.

working