jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

New Computer

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
    BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago

If you were about to buy a new computer, mainly to be used for my internet business which 3 "must haves" would it need to have.

2. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 5 years ago

I'd want:

At least a dual core processor, preferably quad core.

Double or treble RAM (DDR2 or DDR3).

A good fan.

The first two so that I can easily multi task using different programs at the same time; the third so that it stays cool and doesn't overheat when I'm working all day.

3. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 5 years ago

The faster the CPU speed (that you can afford) the better.  At least 2GB of RAM..more's better.  Of course..high-speed (fast as you can get it) internet connection.  A good video card helps graphics draw quickly and text is rendered a bit better than on-board video.

4. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

Buy a Mac.  Stop wasting your money on Microsoft junk.

5. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

4GB RAM, Quad Core (AMD or Intel), 1GB Nvidia Graphics, 500GB Disk. That's enough for me. tongue

6. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
    BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago

brilliant answers-thanks every one.

7. brandonhart100 profile image83
    brandonhart100posted 5 years ago

It's a good idea to get a motherboard that can support Sata at 6 Gb/s.  As Seagate has mentioned, solid state drives aren't going to be a permanent solution for many years to come as there isn't enough NAND flash memory on the market for all the devices that aren't coming out.

A computer to browse the internet shouldn't need a dedicated graphics card and could use limited ram.  I'd get a good CPU for multiple app use first, and then a solid motherboard and a hefty hard drive and maybe a smaller SSD for booting smile.