jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Error Uploading Pictures - The server is not responding as expected.

1. iQwest profile image70
    iQwestposted 5 years ago

I'm receiving the following error message trying to upload a picture to my Hub:
    The server is not responding as expected.

I'm relatively new to HubPages (have been writing here nearly 4 weeks now), have written nearly 40 Hubs, usually upload at least 1 picture to a Hub, and have never experienced this issue until last night.

I'm still receiving the same error message this morning when I try to upload a photo.  I notice that the problem does persist when I try to upload photos to other Hub's as well.

I've logged in and out of my account multiple times and have tried three different browsers (Chrome, Mozilla, IE) with no success.  I've tried uploading different pictures, pictures that I've used without any issues on other Hubs, without any success, either.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!  Thank you.

2. To Start Again profile image86
    To Start Againposted 5 years ago

well, if you have tried different pics, hubs and browsers, I would say it might be an internal HP issue. try emailing them about your problem at http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

iQwestposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, To Start Again.  Judging from the lack of response on this thread, I'm guessing the issue is related solely to something on my end.  I've also emailed the powers at be for HubPages to see if there's a resolution they can suggest.  I've done all that I can think of on my end and I'm still having the issue across all Hubs as of this afternoon, now.

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

When all else fails, blame Adobe. smile

Do you have their latest version of Flash?

It's a long shot, but... smile

I do.  What's hard to explain is that the problem just showed itself late last evening and has occurred ever since.  Having written nearly 40 Hubs, this is the first time I've experienced this problem.  There has definitely been times when a capsule hangs and takes some time to respond, but never the server error and definitely no issues lasting for nearly 24 hours.

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

“The server is not responding as expected.”

First, the good news:

I remember receiving the exact same message in the past.

The bad news is I have no memory as to what was the cause.

In the past, when stumped, I’d just keep doing PC tune-up items until the problem went away.

Also, if not a pain in the neck to do so, maybe try a different internet connection.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

No, I appreciate your input and help.  I was able to try another computer and, of course, I didn't have any problems loading a picture!

working