jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Why are some of my hubs not even showing up on google?

1. 02SmithA profile image61
    02SmithAposted 8 years ago

I'm a little confused as to why some of my hubs have been getting a good ranking in google right away and some can't even be found in google at all.

I created a hub two days ago and it is showing up first in the google rankings for a decent search term. A hub I created three days that I thought would bring in huge traffic can't even be found by typing any any of the keywords and adding hubpages to the end of them.

Do others have the same issues? Do some of your posts just never get to google at all? I wondered if I promoted them too much if it would cause a problem. On this particular hub I have commented on numerous blogs and left a backlink to this story, but have gotten no results.

Any help as to why this is would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1. shibashake profile image85
      shibashakeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I have noticed a similar occurence with my hubs. The strange thing is that my hubs with less popular search keywords, e.g.  "Living with a Three Legged (Tripod) Dog: Care, Tips, and How to" appeared on Google minutes after I published it whereas hubs with more popular keywords are still not there after several days. Definitely something interesting going on here that warrants looking into.

To find my hubs on Google I do:
      site:hubpages.com shibashake

1. Lissie profile image86
        Lissieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ah that's pretty common: write a hubpage on "foil tablecloths for disabled dogs" and you will rank #1 for the term - write a hub on "credit card debit" and you may never get indexed - there are some topics google needs no more info on.

1. shibashake profile image85
          shibashakeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ooooh that is cool. Now that I think about it, it makes a lot of sense that Google would use a ranking system based on frequency of updates, keywords, number of links, and who knows what else?;  to do their crawling as well. Good thing to know in choosing hub topics. Thanks!

2. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

It seems like Google may be making some changes to their formula... Pages are fluctuating more than usual.  I'd just wait it out.

3. C.V.Rajan profile image69
    C.V.Rajanposted 8 years ago

I joined recently and posted about 5 hubs. I too have noticed the problem. The title of my article added with "hubpages" too did not bring my article for view in the google search.

4. spuds profile image23
    spudsposted 8 years ago

It can vary at times just how quickly Google will index new hubs. On average my new hubs appear after 2-3 days.

5. BeatsMe profile image83
    BeatsMeposted 8 years ago

uh, how do you know if your hubs are showing up or not?