jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Please uncheck the checkbox for following questions by default

1. simeonvisser profile image88
    simeonvisserposted 5 years ago

It's far more common that you just want to give an answer than that you want to get emails about the answers of others. I think the option to follow a question should be unchecked by default (or at least make it a configurable setting).

1. Michael Willis profile image77
      Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would suggest the same for forum posting.

1. weblog profile image61
        weblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes!

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

I think someone from the HP team answered this last week. If I remember correctly, once you uncheck the box when answering a question or post, it should stay unchecked for you in the future.

1. Ari Lamstein profile image77
      Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that is correct.

3. Ari Lamstein profile image77
    Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago

Yesterday we released this feature in response to users who requested it.  However, it looks like we made a mistake: unlike our previous notification checkboxes, this feature does not remember your last selection.  I will add it to my task list.

1. Michael Willis profile image77
      Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!!

2. simeonvisser profile image88
      simeonvisserposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, thank you! smile

Update: this has been completed, and will go out with the next site update.

4. thisisoli profile image62
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

I would like to see this turned off by default, I keep accidentally subscribing to threads >.<. It remembers my selection most of the time, but occasionally I end up subscribing to another thread sad

Our long term plan is to make this a setting in your profile, so that you can simply uncheck the box in one place and have it remember your preference permanently. 

However, until then we hope that this cookie-based preference will be meet your needs.

Ari

working