jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

I think I know the problem, but it cannot hurt to ask...

1. artlader profile image58
    artladerposted 5 years ago

Hi, Fellow-Hubbers,

I have written only ten hubs and am admittedly still feeling my way around and I have a question. I hope it's not a very dumb one.

Here we go:

First, my hubscore is not terribly high.

I have visited a few hubs and I think I understand what I can and cannot post. And my content is all original.

And I think I'm not a great writer, but not terrible, either.

I am pretty sure that part of the problem is my outbound links. I create interactive resources like hangman games and arcade games for German-learners at a few sites (studystack.com, quizlet.com and a couple more) and I link to the resources in my hubs. This just makes sense to me. People who are learning a language need practice and feedback.

I asked in another post and was told this might, indeed, be a problem. Only two outgoing links to the same domain per hub, I think I saw somewhere. Well, fair is fair. If that's the policy, that's the policy, right?

I know that being active in the forums and leaving useful comments matter. No problem, I would be doing that anyway.

I know, too, that more traffic would help. I am working on that, of course.

But maybe there is something else I am not doing well. Something I am simply missing or doing just plain wrong.

I know that's quite possible. Maybe even likely. I am a newbie, after all.

So... If anyone has a spare minute or two and sees anything obviously wrong with my hubs, I would appreciate a little constructive criticism.

If not, I understand. Everyone is very busy these days.

Thanks
    Art

1. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4495702_f248.jpg

have fun, go with your gut and you will be the one.  Nothing else matters

nice to meet you btw big_smile

artladerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ahhh... That's pretty nice, kimberlyslyrics: "To thine own self be true."

Nice to meet you, too.

- Art

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Sounds like you have a legitimate reason for more than 2 outbound links. If the links are not promotional, you can use more than 2.  HP can usually tell the difference. If they make a mistake and flag it, just let them know.

Thank you, paradigmsearch.

- Art

3. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 5 years ago

I would write more hubs.

Thank you, Sue.

I am happy you did not spot any obvious problems in the ones i have already written.

- Art

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

your hubs look well written and informative. as far as the outgoing links to your site, I think I read somewhere that you may not want to use them in all of your hubs going to the same site. I may be wrong, but I remember seeing it in the forum a while ago.

do you know about Hubpagesacademy.com? it has a lot of very helpful info about writing to bring in more traffic, etc.

Thank you for responding to me, rebekahELLE.

And I appreciate your kind words.

I have not spent much time at Hubpagesacademy.com yet, I admit, but it's on my list for sure.

Guess I should head over there now!

Regards,
      Art

Hmmm... Hubpagesacademy.com seems to be out of business: "Firefox can't find the server at www.hubpagesacademy.com."

Maybe this is it? -- http://hubsacademy.com/

- Art

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
          rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

oops, sorry, yes, that is it.

5. revmjm profile image83
    revmjmposted 5 years ago

Art, I checked out your profile page and saw that you have been a hubber for 15 months; however, you have posted only 10 hubs. That's not very many for such a long period of time.

I am not comparing you with me, but I just joined 14 days ago, and I have posted 32 hubs already. So my first suggestion for you is to post more often. I set a goal of writing a minimum of 2 per day. Usually I surpass that number.

Hi, revmjm,

Thank you for your reply.

You are right, of course.

I joined well over a year ago, but I only started posting on Jan. 17, 2011. (This post - http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Present-Tense-of-Lesen )

Maybe that is hurting me, though. I was not active  for so long. Hmmm...

Regards,
      Art

working