jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Traffic just stopped

1. jackavc profile image82
    jackavcposted 5 years ago

My hits have just hit one thousand and since then my traffic has just stopped dead. My profile is like a ghost town. Is my writing that bad? Need help fast before I lose interest.

1. vox vocis profile image92
      vox vocisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It happens sometimes, but you will see the increase in traffic again soon. Just keep on writing and learn about SEO to optimize your hubs for external traffic (for visitors outside Hubpages). Interact in forums and check the questions & answers section. Type in SEO (in the Hubpages search box) and you will find many useful hubs on the topic. I recommend that you read hubs on this profile:

Keep on hubbing! :-)

2. J Sunhawk profile image81
      J Sunhawkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not to worry. Ignore your hubs for a time, come back and you'll see movement.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

It took me a while to understand that traffic goes up and it goes down, as do clicks.  When numbers are low (as yours almost certainly are with only 16 hubs) that means it doesn't take much to produce near numbers near zero.  Statistically it means nothing except that such things will happen.

For example, January produced, in 3 days, the only 2 days I've had since early September with no clicks and one more day with 1 click for $0.00.  A disappointment?  Sure, but it isn't a disaster yet.  I used to get excited when that kind of thing happened, but have learned better. 

If your traffic remains near zero for a month, then worry.  Until then keep writing.

3. jokeapptv profile image60
    jokeapptvposted 5 years ago

dont give up  it will work out.