jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

My mom in law is coming

1. seohowto profile image62
    seohowtoposted 8 years ago

My mom in law is coming in a week and here is reaction of my friends that I was writing down during last week:

1. My hairdresser (female): Oh my God, is it a good news, or bad news?

2. A friend of mine (female): for whole 2 weeks?!

3. Another friend (female): at least for only 2 weeks...

4. One more friend (male): Wow! This is great! You and your husband can get more time for yourself! (notice: young, naive and not married)

5. My sister: what are you gonna do?!

6. My sister's husband: I hope your husband is going to take at least a week off..

7. My oldest son: wow! Is she gonna bring that chocolate candies again?

8. My youngest one: who is it?

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

LOL. My condolences big_smile

3. seohowto profile image62
    seohowtoposted 8 years ago

forgot my husband's reply: Let her cook and everything will be fine!

4. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

Well if you get along that is great you can spend time with her smile.  The comment your husband about letting his mom cook reminds me of my grandma, who would criticize anyone for keeping one pan in their house that had even a little bit of black marks on it.  She would not mind if other people cooked, but she would inspect every pan in the house and declare she thought the cookie sheet should be thrown away because of one little black mark on it LOL.  Years later when I visited them she told a story about how how she nearly had to throw away a pan because she spent three hours scrubbing it and all the black marks almost did not come off smile.

1. seohowto profile image62
      seohowtoposted 8 years ago in reply to this

LOL:) The funniest thing is that I am getting along with her, and when I was telling people that my mom in law is coming to visit us, the reaction was absolutely unpredictable:smile). I didn't expect my hairdresser to say that, as she always seemed to me as a very calm girl. When I told her, she became so upset like her mom in law, not mine is coming:smile). Then I started telling other friends, just to see the reaction.