jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

No Ads on A Hubber Hub (Not even the blank space)

1. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I had a hub on nude beaches back in the day, and I eventually took it down because Google absolutely would NOT show an ad on there. (Against TOS) Anyhow, where there WOULD have been an ad, there was a blank space. Occasionally I'll find other hubs that have those same google-wont-put-an-ad-here blank space.

However, today I found a Hubber that does not have any ads and there are not even those blank spaces. Furthermore, on one of her hubs, she replied to a comment where a person had asked about her lack of ads. Her reply said something along the lines of "I don't do ads."

Is this allowed? How is it possible that there aren't even those blank spaces?

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure if you go into the hub's settings and set your ad settings to "none," the spaces won't show up.

3. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

It's a shame one would do that as I feel as if it's almost stealing from HubPages, particularly if you get a lot of traffic... taking a considerable amount of bandwidth from HubPages and offering nothing in return.

4. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

It can make sense in certain situations. A creative writer, for instance, might not want ads detracting from their work. Those types of hubs don't tend to generate ad clicks anyway, so no harm no foul there IMO.

5. ThomasE profile image81
    ThomasEposted 5 years ago

It's not stealing from hub pages, as they allow you to do it, as long as you don't promote anything on the hub.

(if they didn't want you to have the option, they wouldn't have spent the time to program the system to give it to you)