So you think you can write?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 83 discussions (97 posts)
  1. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Prove it!

I’ll start with one sentence; each hubber adds the next sentence creating an engaging and interesting story.

I began to question myself, as the doubt sent chills up my spine I turned reaching for the door knob.

2. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

As I slowly turned the cold copper knob, it squeaked, as if to warn me what was on the other side.

katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ewwwwww good smile

Okay who's next?

1. Cathyrin profile image45
        Cathyrinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But before I force myself to enter the door, a ghastly scream swathe the whole room.

Now were moving....

3. barryrutherford profile image74
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

A chill ran up my spine my limbs froze as I held my breath

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

The scream was gutteral, yet at the same time, piercing - almost primeval and savage in its resonance.

really good use of discriptive words... awesome smile

5. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

My heart froze still in my chest from the eerie scream, as I saw a moonlit silhouette in the corner.

6. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

The figure was shrouded in the pale moonlight and appeared to be almost ephemeral.

7. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

My heart was pounding, it felt as if it might burst out of my ribs.

8. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

"Am I dreaming?", I whispered aloud.

anybody scared yet?

9. manlypoetryman profile image81

"What did I just see?" I thought to myself, while trying to breath.

10. katiem2 profile image61

Suddenly a cold hand clamped a fierce grip on my wrist.

11. manlypoetryman profile image81

I realized how foolish I had been to enter this haunted house alone.

12. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Come here, a voice called, but I pretended not to hear.

13. katiem2 profile image61

The grasp grew tighter as I was pulled toward the other room.

14. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

My feet felt like lead as I was pulled along by the dark force.

15. katiem2 profile image61

I felt a warm glow from the other room as a longing to go inside grew deep within me.

16. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

My mind raced as I tried to remember how they dealt with situations like this in horror movies.

17. katiem2 profile image61

Yet still I found myself walking willingly as the grip on my wrist grew gentle, warm and inviting.

18. manlypoetryman profile image81

I heard in a far away faint, yet gruff voice, "None Shall Pass!"

19. katiem2 profile image61

Quickly another hand grasp my dangling hand, I was now being pulled by two forces.

20. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

"None shall pass? WTF?" I wondered aloud.

cool keep  it coming...

21. Mighty Mom profile image77

Urged forward by these two unseen hands grasping my wrist I swallowed hard, knowing intuitively where this was heading.

22. manlypoetryman profile image81

"That is very peculiar?" I thought to myself, while I could feel the grasps getting tighter and tighter.

23. manlypoetryman profile image81

"My reality must be twisted," I believed within my own uncertainty, after drinking 2 coconut chocolate B-12 Smoothies while watching old horror movies and Monty Python reruns.

24. katiem2 profile image61

The strange yet hauting questioned begged, "would there be popcorn?"

1. manlypoetryman profile image81
      manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"In heaven?"...because I think I'm about to die from total and complete fear.

25. katiem2 profile image61

Just as I had expected my heart stopped, it became heavy in my chest as all the blood rushed from my head.

26. Mighty Mom profile image77

Once again I was left scratcthing my head (and clutching my heaving chest), wondering who would be screaming, "Now we're moving!" and what on earth did it mean?

27. katiem2 profile image61

Suddenly the door slammed behind us as I was drug into the room, what is that horrible smell?

28. Mighty Mom profile image77

The assault on my senses continued, as the sickly sweet smell of decomposing flesh filled my nostrils and tested my gag reflex.

29. katiem2 profile image61

The darkness grew as I could only feel the warm breath on my neck from the figure pressing their body against me nudging me along.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And then I woke up. But my reality was much more sinister than my horrible dream, in fact it was some crazy continuation of my dream. Blood was everywhere, and I was on the floor in the middle of it. I tried to move but...

30. Mighty Mom profile image77

I tried to move but...
    I was terrified of leaving footprints in the blood that could link me to ... to what, I wasn't quite sure, but knew it couldn't be good!

31. katiem2 profile image61

What is that, I thought as a cold wet blade was placed in my hand.

32. getitrite profile image70
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

The size and sharpness of the blade made me feel the type of anxiety that one feels while standing at the edge of a cliff.

33. Mighty Mom profile image77

To my horror, I saw that the wetness was the color of fresh, AB negative blood.

34. getitrite profile image70

I, hesitantly, took the sword, realizing that my former life as a ninja had finally caught up with me.

35. Mighty Mom profile image77

It was hard to face the reality that 700 years of ninja-ing meant nothing -- centuries of training, the supreme wisdom of my sensei -- had left me woefully uprepared me for this situation.

36. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

With lightning fast ninjaesque reflexes, I began to run with no destination in mind.

37. getitrite profile image70

While running, I silently pledged my Kuji-in chant.

38. Mighty Mom profile image77

It has kept me safe from untold horrors in the past -- would it protect me against the evils I knew awaited me down the hall?

39. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

My amazing running came to a sickening halt as my body slammed into the wall.

This is getting chilling...

40. getitrite profile image70

Dazed and bruised, I felt a chilling wind begin to grow, as the shadows danced, menacingly, around me.

41. Mighty Mom profile image77

Chill winds were no stranger to me; but in all my 700 years I had never seen more menacing shadows!

42. getitrite profile image70

Suddenly, I now knew who had mysteriously placed the sword in my hand, and as a highly trained assassin, I knew what my mission was.

43. Denise Handlon profile image84
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

I knew I had to move quickly with this realization before it escaped me again.

44. Mighty Mom profile image77

It was truly puzzling why my focus kept blurring, as realizations came to me and just as quickly disappeared!

45. getitrite profile image70

But I had to remain lucid, as I was, now, engaged in mortal combat with his mercenaries, and every swing of my sword had to be accurate.

46. Mighty Mom profile image77

But the blinding combination of blood and cold sweat required me to rely on instinct, as I alternately thrust and parried my way into the next room.

47. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 13 years ago

Which, I realized fully one tenth of a second too late, was a trap.

1. Denise Handlon profile image84
      Denise Handlonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol

48. getitrite profile image70

Standing in the middle of the room were two ninja she-devils, with their irresistably exotic, and erotic, but deadly bodies.

49. WuldUStilRemebrMe profile image61
    WuldUStilRemebrMeposted 13 years ago

"oooo La la, Hey baby" cooed one of the ninga she-devils as she slinked on past with her eyes flashing a steely silver hue.

50. getitrite profile image70

Knowing that seduction is the she devil's primary weapon, I knew I could not give in to their advances, lest I would never reach my target--their master--alive!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)