jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Adsense Competitive Ad Filter - Is it worth using it or useless?

1. 0
    TopUniverseposted 5 years ago

I am getting some clicks which produce less than 5 cent. Tell me is it wise to use adsense competitive ad filter or leave it.

1. Keith Worth profile image60
      Keith Worthposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's a question of quality versus quantity.

Generally speaking, you get more clicks with the filter but at the expense of a reduced payout per click. If you're not getting enough additional clicks to compensate for the lower rate than I'd say you're better off without it.

The best thing to do is trial and error to see what works for you and the subjects you're writing on.

2. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

Don't paste any random advertisers url on your filter to block. This will reduce your earning. You need to assess your sites, niche and low click merchants from external programs like adsblacklist.com. Initially you'll get very low clicks and from there you'll get consistent/steady value for your clicks.

If you're just getting 400 impressions/day from adsense and the clicks are low after/before URL filter submission then you'll not see much improvement. Your impressions need to be 1000+/day to show some success or failure signs.

Do your own testing and see if it works for you.

3. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

You have to be careful of the URL you are trying to block. Now, there are many ad sites that have teamed up with Google.

That means that if you don't know what your doing, trying to block one URL can in fact block thousands of ads from one ad agency, many that you do want.