jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

writing stories together and why....

1. ddsurfsca profile image77
    ddsurfscaposted 5 years ago

I have found that when we try to write things together, what happens is that nobody actually reads what the others wrote so that the story ends up being very choppy, at times does not make sense, and even the names of the characters are messed up or changed.  In the end the work is not good.
    I love doing this though, so I am asking (challenging) one, two, or three, or more other people who also like this sort of activity to join me, but only if you will actually read what it there, written by the others and myself, and do their best to make the story , actually be a story, keeping the characters and the storyline in focus.  Any takers?

1. Genna East profile image88
      Genna Eastposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would be interested in giving this a try.

2. ddsurfsca profile image77

OK, I am going to wait until tonight or maybe morning so a few people have a chance to see this and we can begin at the same time.  I am hoping for 3 to 5 people participating.  If not it is me and you, OK?

3. ddsurfsca profile image77

Alright, lets see what happens, I guess it is just you and I.  Maybe we will have another person or two join in along the way.
    Let's say that each person's turn has to be at least one or two sentences, and no more than  a paragraph.  If you would like to add any rules or suggestions feel free to do so.  Here goes.

The young girl had a few friends, but for the most part was a loner.  She didn't like to get into trouble, not because she felt it was wrong but because she did not like to be the center of attention.  There were plenty of people around her in that house, but she liked to be by herself.  It made it easier for her to carry out her "special interest" beside everything else.