jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Marie Antoinette's Last words...

1. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

Marie Antoinette's last words were "Pardon me, sir, I meant not to do it."  On her way to the gallows, she accidentally stepped on her executioner's foot-thus, her apology.  Poor dear! smile

1. Greek One profile image80
      Greek Oneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

ironically enough, the last words she heard was "No problem, Madam... let me help you get rid of that kink in your neck"

1. lorlie6 profile image86
        lorlie6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Funny. I was just thinking about Anne Bolyn (Anne of 1,000 Days).
    Have been watching The Tudors again.
    Recently they showed the one where Anne bites the dust.
    As she is waiting in the tower for the executioner to arrive from France she makes a comment to the effect, "I have such a little neck."

Somewhere this is probably a list of famous last quotes people say right before being executed.

What would you say if you were in that situation?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There are a few funny ones, and a few sad ones here:

I love the stories of Henry's six wives. Still trying to annoy someone into buying me the Tudors TV series though!

2. Genna East profile image87
      Genna Eastposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That Tudor series was fairly faithful to the historical facts as well.  All in all, it was impressive.   Unlike the recent Elizabeth films.  I loved both movies, and thought Blanchette was amazing, but they took many liberties with history.

3. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

If i was Anne, I would say in a loud voice so the crowd could hear...

"You will not take my life today, I already died of laughter the moment I saw the King's small penis"

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
      DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

4. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

Apparently Katherine Howard spent the night before her execution practising putting her head on the block - I suppose its not like you get a second try if you don't get it right first time!

According to folklore she did sock it to Henry VIII on the scaffold - 'I die a Queen, but I would rather have died the wife of Culpeper'  (she had been caught dallying with Thomas Culpeper in the linen closet)

5. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 5 years ago

hmmmm maybe it made it easier for him to show her mercy and end it quicker.  Maybe she was crazy like a fox...