How I Get a Bunch of Traffic to My Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (31 posts)
  1. manspaugh profile image61
    manspaughposted 13 years ago

Hope this might help some people.

My method for drawing traffic to my Hubs (these are referral links so if you don't desire to sign up in that way just fix the links) <all links snipped by admin - no affiliate links in the forums, please>:

1. Write a Hub

2. Join InfoBarrel

3. Write an article on InfoBarrel that contains two links back to my original Hub.

4. In my InfoBarrel signature box I can add 2 more links to my Hub or even as a referral for HubPages.

5. Then I'll join a couple more backlinking places for bookmarks:

a. Xomba
         b. InfoPirate
         c. She Told Me

So I hope that helps a little. It sure does help my Adsense income!

1. ChuckHuckaby profile image41
      ChuckHuckabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Those are good backlinking tips. I always link back from my blog usually but these are other good backlink resources.

manspaughposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You could go the other way around and link from some of your Hubs to your blog so you get more traffic to your blog. Just another option. smile

1. ChuckHuckaby profile image41
          ChuckHuckabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. There are reasons I'm doing it the other way around in this instance. I did on one hub send them to my blog, so it's sort of case by case.

Nice. Trial and error produces great experience. Thanks for the comments Chuck!

2. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You may have to review Xomba you can't from this month (Feb 7th) add bookmarks that promote hubs on other sites-this is seen as over promotional.
      I had an email from them on the 8th requesting that I don't do it any more or my account would be blocked.

I've found that that depends upon what type of bookmark you make. If it's a bookmark like, "Check this product out!" or a typical "selling" bookmark then you'd likely be booted, but you can link to quality articles on your own sites. Just don't overdo it. They're cracking down on that.

3. BMG profile image58
      BMGposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks..i'll turn to try this technique..

4. sampatrik profile image58
      sampatrikposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You need to write informative hub and use some seo techniques to get ranking in search engine.

5. profile image0
      andycoolposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing! smile

6. speedbird profile image59
      speedbirdposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing that link building strategy, I will definitely try it out

Glad I could help a little. smile

2. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Thanks for sharing your tips!  Best of continued success smile

3. reindeerz profile image83
    reindeerzposted 13 years ago

Thanks! Gonna check out infobarrel now!  smile

4. Ellarose92 profile image60
    Ellarose92posted 13 years ago

Very good tips!! For some reason I can never get my links to work on shetoldme sad

What do you mean they don't work?

2. BMG profile image58
      BMGposted 13 years agoin reply to this

agree with ellarose....don't work yet even though after 10 weeks i joined shetoldme.

5. lordkadda profile image60
    lordkaddaposted 13 years ago

thanks.

need to do something about my hubs.
    could use your tips

Anytime

6. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

Thanks, this is very helpful.  Thanks for sharing.. it's so difficult to get outside traffic.  My views mostly comes from HP.

7. manspaugh profile image61
    manspaughposted 13 years ago

You all are very kind. Thank you!

I've found that using these sites in such a way can help out your Hub rankings quite a bit.

8. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

You are yet to achieve your 1000 visits accolade, what makes you think that your strategy is working?

Whilst DoFollow backlinks will push you up the search engines in the longer term, they sure won't achieve much in 4 weeks. And, if you are building for the longer term, you can take Xomba off of that list - it is nofollow.

Not at 1000 visits yet here. I've got plenty of other sites and articles that receive traffic through this method. So this definitely will work through HubPages.

DoFollows and noFollows aren't as important as they used to be. The quality of the links is what gives much more authority. Xomba is still going to be a decent place for backlinks (even with their new rules). It's high in Alexa and creating a much higher quality site.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you have a source for that statement? Yes an authoritive link, that with PageRank, is the most effective... but if it is NoFollow then it will be disregarded entirely by Google. I believe it will also be disregarded entirely by Yahoo and Bing too. I read Matt Cutt's blog quite frequently and at no stage has he suggested that NoFollow backlinks are no longer disregarded... he reports all changes to the algorithms.

I would suggest that you could work much more effectively by cutting out time spent obtaining NoFollow backlinks and dedicating your time only to DoFollow backlinks. You also state that the quality of the backlink is what gives you more authority, whilst you are quite right in stating this you seem to have an flawed perception of what a quality backlink is. A quality backlink is a DoFollow one from a specific page which already has PageRank, preferably highly relevant to your content and ideally anchored into relevant keywords.

Posts on SheToldMe, InfoPirate and InfoBarrel will begin with a PageRank zero. Those from SheToldMe and InfoPirate will likely always be a PageRank zero, InfoBarrel backlinks would probably have longer term value as long as your article gains PageRank and is relevant to your subject matter.

I use SheToldMe prolifically, as a means of a quick and easy backlink, you may have noticed that I am the top referrer on there and was one of the very first people to use and promote the site. If you want to pursue your current strategy, which in fairness is just a simple version of my own, you should be adding Snipsly to your list. Trust me when I say that there is NO value from Xomba bookmarks, if you want to use that site then stick with longer articles and don't link to anything. Swap out Xomba bookmarks for Snipsly bookmarks, then use Xomba as another platform for longer primary content.

Despite using sites such as SheToldMe and Snipsly, I have no doubt that the value of the backlinks is not particularly high. Download SEO for Firefox, look at that PageRank indicator on every site that you visit, that will help you. I wish you the best of luck, using backlinking sites is not a bad strategy but your knowledge could improve and I hope that you take my pointers as constructive rather than negatively.

Best backlinks? Go and guest blog for people, lots of people, nobody turns down free articles. Ideally you want backlinks pointing from a wide variety of sources, rather than numerous backlinks from the same source - that tends to devalue them, to the point where they have very little value at all.

Great advice Ryan. Sounds like you've got much more experience than I have. I'll take your advice and apply it. I agree with the Snipsly idea. I've got a bunch on there as well. Not as fun to write on because of the WordPress aspect, but still a good place to receive a couple links.

Thanks man.

9. mcbean profile image67
    mcbeanposted 13 years ago

I may be a little cynical but what also helps your adsense income is 6 referral links in a forum post. wink

Haha very true. If anybody chose to join. But don't worry, nobody has.

10. Miss Behave profile image58
    Miss Behaveposted 13 years ago

Thank you so much for your tips, I've never even heard of half the places you mentioned. I'll give it a go now!

11. AthulExe-ae profile image60
    AthulExe-aeposted 13 years ago

hey thanks for the tips
    im sad that i lost my hubpage acc and couldint recover it
    i forgot the email and pass
    i donno which email id i have used ,wish they would send recovery link to the email id asociated with the user name

12. hhelen profile image60
    hhelenposted 13 years ago

Another way to keep people engaged and interested in your hubs is through the quality of your hubs. I have found that linking related pages helps people find spend more time, and hopefully click on your affiliate links.

You're very right. Quality wins out every time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)