jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Changing Hub URL

1. Mike's Corner profile image88
    Mike's Cornerposted 6 years ago

I started a hub and then I decided to put that subject on hold and change to a different subject. I just published the hub and then noticed that it still had my original url, with the old keywords (I don't want to post the link, but if you look at my latest hub you will see that the url does not match the subject). Is there a way to edit/change the url, or will I have to copy this into a whole new hub and delete this one?

Thanks.

1. agvulpes profile image88
      agvulpesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As WE says you cannot change the URL. The simple solution is to just start a new Hub with the correct URL name. When this is set up transfer all of the contents from the old URL and then delete the old URL. smile

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

Good question.  I've never found a way to do it--other than, as you say, copying the entire thing into a new hub and deleting the old one. 

Perhaps it's not only diamonds but also URLs that are forever?

Mike's Cornerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

haha -- I was afraid of that -- tks Ghost

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

True, URLs cannot be altered.

Mike's Cornerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

tks Website, back to the drawing board

4. melpor profile image89
    melporposted 6 years ago

No, you cannot change the original URL.  Just copy your entire original hub into Words or some other word processing program. Then delete the original hub and start a new hub by pasting the entire content from the original hub into it.  Just make sure you choose a good title this time around.

working