Hub Score

1. privateye2500 profile image60
    privateye2500posted 8 years ago

I have not the vaguest clue how hub scores are determined in totality.  Of course I have a general idea.

What I don't get is my score was a stable 91 for a veery long time and then all of a sudden in one hour I dropped 3 points.

Anyone know why that would be?  Doesn't really matter that much, but I am  really very curious.

I figure that score is determined by several factors, none of which have anything to do with how MANY hubs you have written (I have written a lot in a few months because I like to; it's fun!)

SO - here is how I figure it goes:  Traffic - big.  Comments - pretty big.

Content - HUGE but still doesn't help if no one is reading you or leaving a comment or giving you any thumbs up. 

Thumbs up - probably pretty important, but from different IP's, obviously clicking on your own isn't going to *do* anything.

Copying material - BIG down.

Poorly written advertising short pointless drivel - BIG down. (And there certainly is a lot of it.)  I don't understand why they don't *weed out* better.

Getting flagged...I'm not sure.  Flagging can be done for purely malicious reasons....

Do you think I'm close?

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Flagging does not effect HubScore.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

You're just imagining things.  It's completely normal for HubScores to go up and down by as much as 10-15 points over the course of a day, due to just regular ol' visits and visitor interactions.  Some move up and down a lot, others not so much.