jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Great excuse for copying

1. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

I've had Md dot newszapforums dot com  copy when of my hubs in full. When challenged, he came up with a novel excuse:

Your site has a section where readers can link to the page (under "share this page"; it states "paste the URL or HTML from below into your website, blog, email, comment or hub:") 

Gotta give him credit for trying..  Strange concept of "below", but creative.

1. Rafini profile image81
      Rafiniposted 5 years ago in reply to this

huh.  so now sharing a link is equivalent to copying?  who woulda thought??  lol  Hope you gave him a good what for!  yikes

1. Pcunix profile image92
        Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'll file a DMCA with his ISP if he continues this crap.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

I once had a woman copy an entire website that I managed. When I confronted her, she blithely said, "Well, you don't own the Internet, Lisa!" smile

3. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

'Why you enabled feed on your site ? " -I got this reply from plenty of thieves.

4. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

LoL amazingly amusing excuses! lol

5. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

I just found out I had a Football hub copied when I checked my account and HP had the copywrite symbol in place. I followed the link and finally found a way to contact the site. They had no way to contact the writer.

HP notes "removed", but...it is still there! I e-mailed the site with the DMCA report that HP had available. Will see if it is removed or then I will go for the Adsense account.

The person didn't even try to change anything...just a complete copy of the page!!!

The site was rootzoo.com

6. quicksand profile image83
    quicksandposted 5 years ago

There is "was" some buzz that Google is shaping to stomp down hard on plagiarised content ... will they?