jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

7 days 9 hubs

1. Variety Writer profile image59
    Variety Writerposted 5 years ago

I think I just might complete the 30 hub 30 day challenge!
    Here is my 9th hub in 7 days....
    How to BBQ Lobster Tails.

Suggestion on how to improve any of my hubs is welcomed.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Your first capsule is too short for the primary adsense ad - you might want to make it a little longer - usually around 120 words or so.  Use the preview function to see if that ad will fit there.

If you are pushing portable grills, you might want to remove one or two of the biggest ones as they aren't very portable even with wheels (I'm nitpicking because I can't find much wrong with your hub!).  Or delete the amazon capsule and link to me instead! lol

I wrote one on portable grills a while back - funny how we picked many of the same grills to push.  I like yours better, though - the recipe thing adds a lot.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, and it looks like you're off to a great start.

Ditto what Wilderness said -- never, ever put any capsule next to your first text capsule, and make sure the first capsule is long enough to accommodate the AdSense ad. That's one of the best ad placements on the page.

Your hub is way, way too short at roughly 250 words. Although there's a lot of debate here on what the ideal length of a hub is, I think everyone would agree that 250 words is too short.

You have a lot of opportunities to flesh out the hub a bit -- marinades, why to use uncooked rather than cooked lobster tails for this, never put the lobster tail directly into cold water and instead put it in a plastic bag, etc. You can even add some serving ideas or give an alternate method for working with live lobsters.

Good luck!

4. Variety Writer profile image59
    Variety Writerposted 5 years ago

Thank you both for your feedback. Very helpful!! I really appreciate it!