jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Ebay Capsule

1. jim10 profile image74
    jim10posted 8 years ago

I just started using the Ebay Capsule and I think the Amazon one is so much better. I expected the Ebay one to let me enter different items id numbers but it doesn't. I need to enter a seller and get all of their listings or enter keywords and try to get the items I want to show up. I also thought that I could enter the keywords to get what I want then use a comma and enter others so I could get more than one specific item I want in one capsule. But that didn't work either. I had to make a new capsule for each specific item I wanted. Then I typed in the exact name of the item I found on Ebay.
    Has anyone had better luck?
    my examples of my trouble would be on my page

It just would have been so much easier if I could have just used a few capsules instead of so many.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I've had really good results using the eBay capsule.

Have you considered using a plus or minus sign in front of certain keywords to insist upon or exclude certain terms?

3. jim10 profile image74
    jim10posted 8 years ago

I tried the minus sign and my original item that  I wanted would also disappear. But the plus sign I never noticed to try. I will give that a shot thanks. So do you use a comma then plus sign and the next keyword or just the plus sign? Well I can probably try both and it won't hurt anything.

1. topstuff profile image59
      topstuffposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Put ASIN

4. Squimpleton profile image60
    Squimpletonposted 8 years ago

Using the - is so something doesn't get picked up so obviously you want to be careful about it.

Example. If I wanted Dragon Ball comic books I would write "dragon ball" - z -gt.
    Because I wouldn't want to get the alternate series (Z and GT).

5. patnamohan profile image59
    patnamohanposted 8 years ago

It is slow gainer

6. 0
    tdruskposted 8 years ago

couldn't you just do 4 different capsules for 4 different things. Sure you would have the ebay logo on your page 4 times, but if it increases revenue it is worth it.

7. jim10 profile image74
    jim10posted 8 years ago

Adding the plus sign didn't seem to work both with or without a comma in front. I guess I will just stick with making multiple capsules. But thanks everyone for your help.